What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
that post was before musclenerd cleared everything up by saying it could be months

@p0sixninja personally said it would be released within a couple weeks...

FREE MY iPAD2 ๎……๎€Š

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's only if they don't run into any problems, again all they can do is guess. It sounds like they are making good progress though.

Sparky450r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to be schooled. Is the difficulty in jibing the iPad 2 a result of hardware or software issues?

Can some one educate me as to why its possible to jb on iPad 1 and iPhone 4 running 4.3.3 but not iPad 2. Just from deductive reasoning I am inclined to say it's a hardware issue? But my reasoning has proven me wrong in numerous occasions lol๎„ˆ

The reason iPad1 is jailbroken easily is we have a hardware exploit in the A4 which we can use (the limera1n exploit). This cannot ever be patched in existing devices by Apple, because it is in the hardware.

The reason iPad2 is not jailbroken yet is we have not yet identified a hardware exploit for the A5. It is more challenging this time because of extra security measures which Apple have deployed on the iPad2.

However, you do not HAVE to have a hardware exploit to jailbreak, you could also use a software userland exploit within iOS.

It doesn't matter which one you have, but you have to find one AND get it to work! This is not a trivial task. There are relatively few people with the knowledge, skills, time, and inclination to do it...

You should note, that just becasue iOS 4.3.x is jailbroken on iPad1, that does NOT mean we have a userland software exploit for it. The iPad1 jailbreak RELIES on the limera1n exploit to get it installed... There WAS a userland exploit in iOS 4.3, but that has been patched since 4.3.1 and could not be exploited without infringing Apples copyrights which made it a non-starter.

Hope that helps.

Had a rough idea of this from reading random post...but thank you for making it clear.

jowy520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Swisshttp --> @msuiche @i0n1c The ELEVATOR is working w/o problems here. It's compatible with my iPad 2 and all other devices, even Nokia and Samsung

Are you sure that Elevator is a JB?!

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jowy520 said:
@Swisshttp --> @msuiche @i0n1c The ELEVATOR is working w/o problems here. It's compatible with my iPad 2 and all other devices, even Nokia and Samsung

I just saw that as well and it just confirms they are having fun with the spin it's being given. I can safely assume that we will see a development at HITB - p0sixninja was clear during his interview that something is coming.

Forgive the pun, but maybe they are taking a bite out of Apple's "Marketing" tree and making it a PR move. I know I would, and how many of you reading this are business men and women?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously? The elevator is a real (sometimes not working) elevator in his apartment building. IT IS NOT A JAILBREAK. It was never a jailbreak. It was a broken elevator...

The irony is the guys will probably call their next exploit something along these lines just for fun.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

this is really getting so ridiculous. i guess that's what happens when the hacking scene of a device is monopolized by a single group of hackers. hope some new geohot appears from somewhere and does a limera1n to force their hands.

i really can't see how playing games with the community of their own fans makes any sense.

sure, they're doing free work and i can't make a jailbreak for anyone blablabla, but how does that justify them to play such stupid mindgames?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jowy520 said:

@msuiche tweeted - before all the nonsense - "Congratiolations with the iPad 2 jailbreak!" to @thegrugq.
I think they have a jailbreak but are just fooling around with us.

And who is @Swisshttp by the way? Or just some random dude who retweeded @msuiche

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Zermelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is really getting so ridiculous. i guess that's what happens when the hacking scene of a device is monopolized by a single group of hackers.

While I think monopolized is too strong a word (as they don't prevent other people from getting into the "hacking market"), it is a good analogy as they do monopolize the attention of the hacking community. They earned this attention by providing the hacking community with great jailbreak releases but IMO that does not make it right for them to exploit that communities desperation for jailbreaks.

Last edited:

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is really getting so ridiculous. i guess that's what happens when the hacking scene of a device is monopolized by a single group of hackers.

While I think monopolized is too strong a word (as they don't prevent other people from getting into the "hacking market"), it is a good analogy as they do monopolize the attention of the hacking community. They earned this attention by providing the hacking community with great jailbreak releases but IMO that does not make it right for them to exploit that communities desperation for jailbreaks.

totally agree. but yea monopolized is perhaps too strong of a word, because its just the nature of jailbreak: it can't be something like a open source where everybody can contribute since apple could "contribute" too and tap into it in order to prevent it. Still, it is very wrong to for them to exploit communities desperation. in my opinion, everyone on twitter should just shut up and stop insulting i0nic and them, and let the dev teams do their amazing work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratha4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who make jailbreak for iPad 2 that's a hero of us...๎€Ž๎€Ž๎€Ž๎€Ž๎€ฟ

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if we don't see anything by the 19th, can we agree to stop talking about/unfollow the offenders and make them struggle for relevance? I guess that would be hard to do since others rely on them for iPhone/iPad1 JBs. I'd love it for a group of Chinese hackers to come up with one out of no where and put them to shame for messing around. I would put a Chinese flag in my front yard.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the developers and hackers in the world, I'm really surprised to see that only a handful are focused on Jailbreaking and unlocking the iOS!

FREE MY iPAD2 ๎……๎€Š

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts