What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blogpost was updated with this:

UPDATE 3:
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
Sunday “May Be†Funday
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

I think we need a poll with options: 1) We'll get JB on Sunday 2) This is BS

:D
My vote goes to option No 2.

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this article got some potential.. Lets think out of the box uys.. There are lot of hackers in the world some dont seek some fame right?maybe they got interested and see if they can do something. Then boom! They got lucky..

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm going with the realistic option #2. If p0sixninja and GeoHot haven't found one yet I don't think it's been found. I know there's hackers out there not a part of the official JB scene, but don't you think they would have consulted them just to make sure everything was kosher?

I have to agree with the other posters, I don't see this coming until the iPhone 5.

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what iYoshiblog said about comex:

At this point in time @Comex is NOT involved as far as I know. And remember, exploits come from different places. They are not all from the same team, person, or place. Just like the iPhone 4 unlock for the 1.59 baseband, The crash / exploit used to do this unlock was found by Sherif Hashim who at the time of discovery was not well known or a part of the Dev-Team. He only joined the Dev-Team ‘After’ he discovered and submitted the crash to them. Keep an open mind when it comes to the iDevice world. Nothing or no one is set in stone.

FWIW...

gianz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hackint0sh814 said:
I'm sorry, but I'm going with the realistic option #2. If p0sixninja and GeoHot haven't found one yet I don't think it's been found. I know there's hackers out there not a part of the official JB scene, but don't you think they would have consulted them just to make sure everything was kosher?

I have to agree with the other posters, I don't see this coming until the iPhone 5.

Maybe they got enough skills to make their own..

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the first jailbreak for iPad 2 will be userland exploit rather than bootrom. The devs will get a jailbreak out to satisfy our needs and continue working on a bootrom exploit for the A5. I can't see a bootrom exploit coming out before iPhone 5 but I can see a userland coming for iPad 2 very soon (hopefully)

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hackint0sh814 said:

Maybe they got enough skills to make their own..

They obviously would have the skills, but if it were me I would like someone to verify my work before I released it to the public. It would be extremely embarrassing to release something and not have it work.

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 2 Jailbreak .........pt 2

From all the online twitter accounts and countless websites,and hacker friends opinions

The jailbreak for the iPad 2 is never gonna be public it's to buggy

For once the developer in this case Apple has succeeded in it s job to be water tight

The A5 is a unique bit of hardware

Hopefully when ios5 is released next year there may be loop holes but if I,m honest from what I have digested the cat has caught up with the mouse for the moment

Pwned pak

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please keep it all in the one thread Pwned Pak! No point in splitting the discussion...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts