What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 jailbreak 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlsmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sure he has one now..that tweet was over 2 weeks old..

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's a bootrom exploit. That means Apple won't be able to fix it when it comes out. That's great news Does that mean each time new firmware come out we don't have to wait for a new jailbreak with each new firmware from apple ?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it's a bootrom exploit. That means Apple won't be able to fix it when it comes out. That's great news Does that mean each time new firmware come out we don't have to wait for a new jailbreak with each new firmware from apple ?

Yup. As I understand it, bootrom exploits will work no matter what updates come from Apple. You would still have to re-jailbreak after every firmware update though.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May I suggest buying pkgbackup once JB is found. You can upload your backup/shsh blobs to your drop box account directly from the iPad. Then if you upgrade firmware and re-JB then dl pkgbackup first and then "restore" to download all your cydia apps automatically.
Very handy...

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:
Hi i thought geohot didnt have a ipad2 yet as he is still waiting

That was weeks ago when Geohot said he didn't have an iPad2. I'm sure money isn't an issue with him and he probably bought one a couple days after that.

FREE MY iPAD2 

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
Yup. As I understand it, bootrom exploits will work no matter what updates come from Apple. You would still have to re-jailbreak after every firmware update though.

Well that sounds good to me

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
That was weeks ago when Geohot said he didn't have an iPad2. I'm sure money isn't an issue with him and he probably bought one a couple days after that.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Well let's hope he was the one that found it :)

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipadshoeyuk said:

Apple can still stop a Bootrom exploit with new Hardware. They will just block it with newer iPad2's and iPhone4's and definitely in the iPhone5.

FREE MY iPAD2 

ipadshoeyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
Apple can still stop a Bootrom exploit with new Hardware. They will just block it with newer iPad2's and iPhone4's and definitely in the iPhone5.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Yes that is true

Sent from my iPad 2 in Somerset

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:

FREE MY iPAD2 

Not an issue? In the last two months he was sued by Sony twice and started to ask for donations to pay legal fees...

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
Not an issue? In the last two months he was sued by Sony twice and started to ask for donations to pay legal fees...

Incase you didn't hear, he made more than enough from donations for his legal fees....

FREE MY iPAD2 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Incase you didn't hear, he made more than enough from donations for his legal fees....
FREE MY iPAD2 

In case you didn't hear, he donated 100% of the balance to the EFF when the case was settled... He would be very very foolish to spend a dime of that on himself once the case was over... :D

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
In case you didn't hear, he donated 100% of the balance to the EFF when the case was settled... He would be very very foolish to spend a dime of that on himself once the case was over... :D

Somehow, I think he can afford to buy himself an iPad though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts