What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 issue already? Really?

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my Ipad 2 finally died today after two days of HEAVY use.

When I plugged it, it started charging (red battery screen).

I check it two hours later and it is only at 6% and its not charging. WTF?

So I unplug it from that outlet and try another... nothing.
Again... nothing.
Try a hard restart (home + sleep buttons)... still nothing.
I remove the usb from the AC adapter block... still nothing.

Finally, I just plug it into my macbook via USB and it starts charging.

the USB is working fine... the wall charger block is NOT AT ALL working.

help?

Last edited:
OP
J

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried a new outlet. It worked for about 15 minutes, then stopped working in at all. I guess it is not going to charge with the wall charger then.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tried a new outlet. It worked for about 15 minutes, then stopped working in at all. I guess it is not going to charge with the wall charger then.

It's unusual for the wall charger to fail - the iPad wall chargers are normally super-reliable!! The fact that it appears to charge via USB certainly suggests it's your iPad charger and not the iPad itself that are at fault.

I guess you're going to take your iPad to the Apple Store and get them to inbox a new charger for you - and see if it charges then.

Let us know, this is the first charger I've heard of failing (but now we'll get lots of posts from members who have failed chargers....)

Tim
Scotland

shuiping56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if the wall charger block is NOT AT ALL working.
i think you best take it to expert check

OP
J

Jachrist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
called apple today. It definitely was the wall charger adapter because I broke down and bought one at Best Buy. I called apple CS today, and they are sending me a new one in a few days. I will return the Best Buy one when it arrives (maybe... I guess an extra is always nice).

I wasn't too happy about having to give them my CC info over the phone in order for them to ship me a new one before I send out the one I have right now. I understand that they have to protect themselves, but it was clearly a defect in the charger (two days after launch!!!) and it is covered by the 1 year warranty.

All things considered, I am happy with the prompt response to my issue and willingness to ensure my satisfaction.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently charge my iPad original with a wall charger from my 60gb iPod 2! neither my iPad original charger nor my iPod 2 charger have given me any issues. Of all of my electronics Apples products have given me the least amount of hardware issues.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jachrist said:
called apple today. It definitely was the wall charger adapter because I broke down and bought one at Best Buy. I called apple CS today, and they are sending me a new one in a few days. I will return the Best Buy one when it arrives (maybe... I guess an extra is always nice).

I wasn't too happy about having to give them my CC info over the phone in order for them to ship me a new one before I send out the one I have right now. I understand that they have to protect themselves, but it was clearly a defect in the charger (two days after launch!!!) and it is covered by the 1 year warranty.

All things considered, I am happy with the prompt response to my issue and willingness to ensure my satisfaction.

I'm glad you got that cleared up. As the others have mentioned, it's really surprising because their charging devices tend to be pretty robust. This is, actually, the first time I've heard of an Apple USB AC adapter failing. But hey, pobody's nerfect.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Asking for your credit card details is more-or-less standard industry practice. Apple are a good company but even they have to protect themselves, as you say. They are sending you a new charger *before* you return the old one and they need some reassurance that you'll return the old one.

I've always found them to be one of the best companies for customer satisfaction.

Tim
Scotland

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Asking for your credit card details is more-or-less standard industry practice. Apple are a good company but even they have to protect themselves, as you say. They are sending you a new charger *before* you return the old one and they need some reassurance that you'll return the old one.

I've always found them to be one of the best companies for customer satisfaction.

Tim
Scotland

+1

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mothertrh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPad2 and have had two wall chargers fail on me now. I've had the iPad2 for about 6 months. This last charger I only had for a few months. It just all of a sudden doesn't charge. So, just wanted you to know it happens.

Teresa
Kansas

MacDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my Ipad 2 finally died today after two days of HEAVY use.

When I plugged it, it started charging (red battery screen).

I check it two hours later and it is only at 6% and its not charging. WTF?

So I unplug it from that outlet and try another... nothing.
Again... nothing.
Try a hard restart (home + sleep buttons)... still nothing.
I remove the usb from the AC adapter block... still nothing.

Finally, I just plug it into my macbook via USB and it starts charging.

the USB is working fine... the wall charger block is NOT AT ALL working.

help?

If it's an iPad 2 it should still be under warranty. Apple support is great. Give them a call and they'll send you out a new charger.

Most reactions