What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad on/off problem

Tdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okay so my iPad was near dying, 4%. I was missing my wall piece for my charger I plugged the usb into the playstation. The iPad instantly acted as if it went dead... I plugged usb into correct wall piece and now it will say it is charging as if it is dead and a few seconds later the Apple will pop up like normal. Then before the home screen can even pop up, the spinning circle comes on as if it is dead...

Please help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Let it charge for a while, at least an hour or two. Better yet, let it charge all night. Letting the iPad discharge almost completely and then charging, uninterrupted, to 100% is something Apple recommends you do once a month anyway. It helps keep the battery indicator calibrated.

If it was that close to dead it may take a while for it to have enough charge to boot properly. If it still won't turn on normally, try holding down the power and and home button until the Apple logo appears. This can take a while, so be patient.

Good luck.

OP
T

Tdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't attempt to turn it on. It does it itself. It will show charging, then Apple, then circle and just keeps repeating. Should I let it do that all night ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would. In the morning if it still does not respond to restarting or reseting; look in the Hacking area of the forum for instructions on how to reboot your iPad using DFU mode.

I believe there is a sticky post at the top of the Hacking forum's thread list on the subject.

Be sure you are using the charger that came with the iPad, so that you know it's getting all the power it needs. Laptops or phone chargers are usually underpowered for iPad charging.

Good luck.

OP
T

Tdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got my ipad working the day after this happened. didn't have to put it in dfu mode or anything. just left it charging in my computer as I left home and it started working again. accidently let it die and its doing the same thing now, but im gonna try the same thing and see what happens. again thanks for the concern and help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. The behavior is unusual. Or maybe not. When I run my iPad to shutdown levels I almost never try to use it again unless it's been charging for at least an hour.

If you have an Apple Store nearby It wouldn't hurt to explain to them what is happening and let them check it out. If it will cost you anything, they will let you know before hand.

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Most reactions

Latest posts