What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad 2 shows it is charging, but it isn't (help!)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can avoid having to free up the 1.6GB of storage required for the update by doing the update through iTunes on your computer.

OP
M

mrgolf30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. I am in the process of backing up in I tunes right now.

OP
M

mrgolf30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The Ipad cannot be synce because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library" What can I do to resolve this?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to me that out of the two iPad2 new batteries installed, if one works fine with the same charger unit but the other doesn't, you have had a faulty battery installed. There should be a warranty for the replacement/workmanship, as suggested by scifan. Have you considered taking the iPad2 with the non-performing battery back to the repairer?
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Ipad cannot be synce because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library" What can I do to resolve this?
Is the hard drive on your computer almost full? If so, you'll have to do what I did and get an external hard drive to hold my iTunes library.

On the other hand, if your computer is trying to install your entire iTunes library on to your iPad, you have to adjust the settings in iTunes to only sync selected movies, TV shows, music, iBooks, etc. content to your iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am using the same wall charger that I have been using for the last year to charge all 3 of my Ipad 2's. It works on all of them, but this one.

Ok. Just wanted to make sure I understood. Unless the discharge/charge thing works, it sounds like there is still a hardware problem with the iPad. If not with the battery itself, then the charging circuitry. I'm not certain whether the circuitry is part of the battery assembly, or separate, but you're repair person should know.

OP
M

mrgolf30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I did a restore to factory settings and put all of the files back, and it still won't charge. I am taking it back to the guy that put the battery in. I think it has to be the battery.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's either the battery or the charging circuitry. A test of the phone after the battery is replaced with a fully functioning one will determine the exact nature of the problem.

OP
M

mrgolf30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I let it charge for 18 hours turned off, and it still won't charge. I called the guy that put the battery in and told him I wanted a new battery.

Most reactions