What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 in february?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 2nd gen is going to be extremely similar to the current version, apart from cameras. Probes not USB port as I remember Steve jobs commenting on them ages ago.

With this in mind, there seems little point buying the 2nd gen really, as there's going to be no significant changes apart from cameras, maybe a bit lighter, but not by much.

iPad 3rd gen is where we will see the tranformation.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 2nd gen is going to be extremely similar to the current version, apart from cameras. Probes not USB port as I remember Steve jobs commenting on them ages ago.

With this in mind, there seems little point buying the 2nd gen really, as there's going to be no significant changes apart from cameras, maybe a bit lighter, but not by much.

There is no official confirmation there will be a camera. Don't forget the iPod touch took 3 generations to finally get a camera

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While this is the first generation of ipad, is it accurate to say the ipad technology has been perfected in the past 4 years with the ipod touch? The ipad to me is simply the evolution of the touch. Maybe that's a bit too simplistic, but really I can't see what they'd introduce in the next version that I would HAVE to sell this one for.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score

There is no official confirmation there will be a camera. Don't forget the iPod touch took 3 generations to finally get a camera

Yeah exactly...theres no way anyone in their right mind would sell their 1st gen for a 2nd gen iPad, especially if there's not a camera.

I'll stick with 1st gen until 2012

OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Interesting. Well i certainly wont make the effort to sell this if the 2nd gen isn't much of a change.

If the only significant update is a camera then i wont care much honestly.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but really I can't see what they'd introduce in the next version that I would HAVE to sell this one for.

Hopefully not much ~ even if there was a camera....I don't think I would sell mine.

Don't forget the iPod touch took 3 generations to finally get a camera

Oh wow. I didn't know that. And every generations, people kept saying it would be the next one?

Pretty much...lol

Actually, you know what...this is the 4th gen iPod Touch...and its the first to have a camera....so there ya go.

Interesting!! How long in between generations? Year? I bet people were pissed waiting for that camera!

If the only significant update is a camera then i wont care much honestly.

I agree.

I think. :D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really don't think I will be in for an upgrade this time around if the rumored changes come to be true. I like the form factor of the Ipad now and for what my needs are the speed and screen are pretty good. If a generation comes out with things like USB ports, memory card slots, etc. then I will probably be ready for an upgrade.

You will never see an iPad with a memory slot and I wouldn't hold your breath for a standard USB connection (it already has USB btw). Externally the most you can expect is a camera, and probably not until gen 3.

Yeah, let's say I'm not anxiously awaiting such things to appear. A man can dream though! I realize adding either full USB functionality and/or a memory slot would completely kill Apple's pricing strategy.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless it comes with things like HDMI out, Flash support, memory expandability, and FULLY FUNCTIONAL USB ports, I'm afraid I'll be jumping ship to Android tablets. I like iOS, but I need more functionality.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Don't know if it's been said yet, but as far as the post on the first page, carbon fiber cases AIN'T gonna happen. I'll put money on that now. Look at the materials of the rest of the Apple line up. Carbon fiber won't come into the mix. I'll put money down on that one right now.

Macgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless it comes with things like HDMI out, Flash support, memory expandability, and FULLY FUNCTIONAL USB ports, I'm afraid I'll be jumping ship to Android tablets. I like iOS, but I need more functionality.
I went to Best buy to play witha S7 and for 299 it was a nice machine.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, since the iPad is just an oversized iPod Touch (tongue in cheek:p) and most R&D is already done, it's a pretty sure bet that a camera is in the works for next gen.

The camera is essential to Apple's Facewhatchamaccallit social network and we know that pods, pads and macs are required to contribute to the expansion, so...

Most reactions

Latest posts