What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Holding iPad 3 and iOS 5.1 Event in Early February

pauljwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleInsider reports today that according to Japanese blog Macotakara, Apple is planning to hold a special event in early February to announce not just the iPad 3, but also iOS 5.1. This would fit in very nicely with the most recent report from Bloomberg that stated that Apple would be launching the iPad 3 in March. Macotakara says that it obtained this information from both an Asian supplier and a US source. AppleInsider notes that last year the iPad 2 was announced at a media even on March 2, and launched nine days later on March 11, but if today’s story is true it would seem that this year Apple prefers to have a longer lead in after the initial announcement before the iPad 3 goes on sale. This could be because of the delay in production caused by the earlier-than-usual Chinese New Year celebrations, which run from Jan 23 through to Jan 28, and during which time the factories will be shut down.

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February

it's rumor?!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
johnsmith915 said:
Sounds like a winner, love the iPad2, but would love to pass it down the family food chain and pick up a 3!!! :)

Ditto here. I'm ready....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Awesome. Can't wait. Roll on the awesomeness Apple!

Sent from my iPhone

Amen. Timing couldn't be better if the release happens to be in March or so. I have a bit of money coming my way around that time or just before. I plan on giving this iPad 2 64GB+3G to my Mom, as she has no broadband in her area but there is an AT&T 3G tower on the hill behind her house ad she doesn't want anything to do with Dad's ancient PC that's on dial-up.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww! That's so sweet Michael. I'm looking forward to seeing what's new on it too!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Aww! That's so sweet Michael. I'm looking forward to seeing what's new on it too!

Yeah, I can't wait. I love new goodies, especially those I will use a LOT. I have a love affair with my iPad and the laptop is insanely jealous.

If, for some strange and whacky reason the new iPad 3 doesn't thrill me, I'll still get another iPad 2 for Mom. But, knowing Apple, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple is not completely boxed. My pc travel mouse is great with my MBP.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd love a MBA as well but hey! We aren't all made of money. I'd settle for an iPad 3 when I can afford it. I'm working on it right now! He doesn't even know whats going to hit him. We females are great at the art of persuasion!!!

Most reactions