What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 error help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive been a member of the jail breaking scene for a while now. I managed to get hold of my iPad 2 shortly after release and patiently I waited for a jailbreak.

Anyway since the day comex released his jailbreakme for iPad 2 I've used it.

This past few weeks I have noticed my iPad getting alot slower than usual and then today when I was installing apps such as multiiconmover from cydia I was getting errors.

Anyway I decided that I would "re-install" cydia from jailbreakme. I did this but unfortunately it lost all it's settings and forgot anything that I had installed previously. All the cydia tweaks work still but cydia has no recollection of any of the apps I've installed.

So what I did was I tried to "erase all content" through the iPad and it didn't work. I then found a thread on here Telling me that other. Users was t able to erase all settings once the device was jail broken.

I then tried to reinstall 4.3.3 firmware through iTunes. Now here is another problem. When I launch cydia it says at the top "Cydia SHSH 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5" surely this means that I can get hold of these SHSH blobs?

Anyway I ran tiny umbrella for windows and the closest firmware SHSH blob it finds is 4.3.5... :-/

So I can see cydia is detecting the 4.3.3 SHSH blob. Am I able to get hold of it without tiny umbrella? Also is there any other way to delete cydia and all the other apps I've installed through cydia without having to reinstall the firmware??? I would preferably want to reinstall 4.3.3 but if there are other ways I'd liken to know.

Regards.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to let us know if you have an iPad2 3G or Wifi only model. It's important.

If you have a 3G model, you are out of luck. Saved blobs are of no use to iPad2 3G owners currently. If you have messed up your iPad, and it sounds like you have, then your only option is to update to 5.0 and wait around for the inevitable jailbreak... There is honestly no other option.

If you have an iPad2 WiFi only model and saved blobs, you can use this guide to help you restore a clean fresh 4.3.3 installation, which you can then re-jailbreak with jailbreakme.com - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html If you follow the instructions in the tutorial IT WILL retrieve your blobs from Cydia.
To be clear, this tutorial will not work with the 3G model, so don't even waste your time trying if you have one.

If you do manage to get it restored, please try and learn the lessons :)

1) NEVER re-jailbreak a jailbroken device unless you know what you are doing.
2) NEVER use "erase all content and settings" on a jailbroken device.
3) stay in touch with the community through forums like this so you know of the latest updates regarding jailbreaking. We have been talking about these problems since 5.0. was released ;)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi f4780y,

Thanks for your reply. I have a iPad 2 64gb Wifi only model. I will take a look at the guide. As i've said in my opening post though Tiny Umbrella doesn't retrieve my 4.3 or 4.3.3 shsh blobs for some reason... No idea why. The nearest it gets is 4.3.5 which is no good.

I will have a look at that tutorial that you have given me and see if that helps.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules

Upgrading for me is a no go as it will take months to re-jailbreak ios5 for ipad 2 especially an untethered jb.

I have found a work around for the time being also. I need to think back and remember every app/tweek that i've installed through Cydia. I need to then re-install them and then remove them to get it all working again. Thats going to be a pain as i remember installing about 20 apps/tweeks through it.

Thanks for your reply.

edit.
Also on a side note it does say in Cydia that it can see my 4.3.3 shsh blobs. Ill get a screen shot up later on. Any more help?

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You were doing so well, until you admitted to being a dirty rotten pirate. Please familiarise yourself with our rules. We don't support or condone that here, and we don't help folks that openly admit to stealing software resolve their problems. There are no excuses for being a pirate.

/CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts