What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 error -1

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have an ipad 2 here that somebody dropped :( This has never been jailbroken, First of all i noticed the 3g stopped working on it saying no sim.. so i tried to restore the ipad via itunes and it gets to around 3qtrs through then hangs for around half hour.
Then it reboots and itunes spits out an error that is error -1

I have looked high and low for the error but cant find anything about it at all. I was wondering if anyone had seen this error before ? Im guessing it is hanging when installing the hardware driver for the 3g and because this is broken it cant find it and decides to crap itself.

I have a new digi here for it and have removed the old smashed one. Everything inside appears to be ok and nothing loose. Any suggestions?
Thanks for looking

bags

OP
B

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit more info from the error log

0: RamrodErrorDomain/3ec: update_baseband: failed querying baseband info
1: BBUpdater/2
unable to convert ramrod error 1004
restore failed with CFError:
0: AMRestoreErrorDomain/ffffffff: failed to update device firmware
1: AMRestoreErrorDomain/ffffffff: ramrod firmware update failed
2: RamrodErrorDomain/3ec: update_baseband: failed querying baseband info
3: BBUpdater/2
attempting to dump restore log
writing log file: /mnt1/restore.log

I have done alot of looking around on the web regarding this but only found issues with the iphone 4s. Hoping someone can help ?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings,

I don't know about the error 1, but there is a thread that talks about restoring to the latest iOS. Right now it is 6.1.3. The link is
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html
That should get your iPad sorted out again.

There are seventeen or eighteen pages of comments in this thread. Following the instructions in the first post will get your iPad back into working order.
In another thread in these forums they were talking about a dropped iPad that wasn't working right. One of the comments was suggesting that maybe something got loose or disconnected inside. They were able to get the connector reseated. You should be able to search in the forums for information about this. There was something about patting it on the back.

As for the SIM card problem, my wife has had trouble with her iPhone SIM card. It all of a sudden is not recognized by the iPhone. She has to take it out and put it back in again for the phone to register that the SIM card is installed. I wonder if yours is having the same issue.

I hope you get your iPad back into working order soon.

OP
B

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Fid thanks for the reply.

I have the digi and screen out and nothing looks out of its home. I tried reinstalling IOS 5 to begin with as that was what was on there, That didnt work so i tried the latest being 6.1.3 same deal. Thanks very much for the links i will post back if i can get it going again.
i am ready to give it a big pat on the back :)

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Fid thanks for the reply.

I have the digi and screen out and nothing looks out of its home. I tried reinstalling IOS 5 to begin with as that was what was on there, That didnt work so i tried the latest being 6.1.3 same deal. Thanks very much for the links i will post back if i can get it going again.
i am ready to give it a big pat on the back :)

Greetings. We're you able to find the thread with the information about an internal loose connection? When I first read it, I thought it was a little strange, but it sorted out the problem.
It is rounding to midnight here and I have to get up for work in about six hours.
Good luck with getting the iOS back onto your iPad. I'll check back in the morning and search for error 1.

OP
B

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found a few threads about loose connections. I will pull them all out and reinsert it all, The internals do not look physically damaged at all so i am really hoping it is a simple enough fix. Once again thanks very much for your time i will keep you posted

OP
B

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i am guessing something is completely fried. I have reconected everything, checked it all and everything seems to be perfect. DFU mode did the same thing just gets to around 3qtrs then hangs. Same errors, Tried 3 different machines and no dice. I give it a couple of friendly taps on the back still no joy :(

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been back on this forum in a week. I had a medical emergency.

Have you had any more luck with your iPad? Did all of the connections get put back into the spots and work?

jasfin123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Error -1 means u can't fix it had the same on my iPhone lucky it was insured had to send it away as water damage

OP
B

bagimus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, Im pretty sure its toast. Thanks for the input guys i will post back if i ever get it working again, But i doubt this is possible. 64 gig brick

Most reactions

Latest posts