What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 - Errors a plenty!!

PJHAINES2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the Forum and am pretty close to visiting a Genius Bar for help with my 3G Ipad 2; trust me, i'm trying to resist as much as I can!

I'm pretty good with IT (usually) but this one has me stumped.

The other day my Ipad ran down to about 3% battery lifeand the next time I plugged it into the charger it had the 'USB Lead to Itunes' logo on it. I connected to Itunes and the only thing I could do with it was try to Restore. I'm not 100% what version of IoS i was at but the restore was attempting to restore to 6.1.3. This 'standard' try at restore gave me an error 1604. I've tried 3 different laptops, 3 different leads and about 8 different USB ports on said laptops, all without joy. I've tried putting the IPAD 2 into DFU mode and this seems to get further but finally gives me error 21. If I load Tinyumbrella I get (quite quickly comapred to the other errors) an error 11, If I have Itunes open, open Tinyumbrella and the restart Itunes and then try the restore I get error 3194! All of the errors seem pretty spurious without any definitive answers online.

You guys are my last hope before I dig my hand into my wallet and go to a store!

If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate them. You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many third party forum / help sites purely refer to the ever so helpful Apple suggestion, all of which are things I've tried.

Thanks in advance!

Paul :eek:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
P

PJHAINES2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thanks Marilyn.

I had tried the tutorial before but I just tried it, step by step again. It still failed unfortunately.

I tried it with 2 different leads and tried 3 different USB ports. I still get error 21.

The restore starts with Extracting Software, which the 'progress line' completes and gets to the end, it then goes to Verifying Ipad with Apple (or words to those affect), which then completes and then starts again, the Ipad goes from a blank screen to just the Apple logo showing and then the process fails with the Error 21.

I'm absolutely stumped! I suppose the only other thing to try is to an Apple store? Although a friend has a Mac, which I guess maybe worth a go?

Thanks again Marilyn - any further suggestions would very much be appreciated!

Best Regards - Paul

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A trip to the Genius Bar at an Apple store would seem to be warranted. The only way that this tutorial will not work if all steps are followed to the letter, is if there's been a hardware failure. If you're still under warranty or AppleCare, it should be covered.

Most reactions

Latest posts