What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 battery

Ejc1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there I have an iPad 2 bought in October 2011 since updating to latest operating system my battery does not charge properly and only lasts around 2hrs before needing charging again.
I have looked on apple website and done a few things to increase battery life ie turning off location services etc but hasn't seemed to make a difference.
I can have my iPad plugged in to charge with it switched off all night but only has 50-60% battery.
Anyone ave any bright ideas what's happening before I take it to my local apple store in Italy and hope to find someone who speaks English there lol.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ejc1978 said:
Hi there I have an iPad 2 bought in October 2011 since updating to latest operating system my battery does not charge properly and only lasts around 2hrs before needing charging again.
I have looked on apple website and done a few things to increase battery life ie turning off location services etc but hasn't seemed to make a difference.
I can have my iPad plugged in to charge with it switched off all night but only has 50-60% battery.
Anyone ave any bright ideas what's happening before I take it to my local apple store in Italy and hope to find someone who speaks English there lol.

Hello Ejc1978, have you let your iPad totally drain until it actually shuts down? If you time it so that it is right before YOU shut down, then plug your iPad in with it's original wall plug and cable. Let it charge overnight. And then see if your battery monitor is recalibrated. I also have the iPad2 and after the most recent upgrade it behaved like yours is doing, read this advice in this forum and it worked for me.

OP
E

Ejc1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Ejc1978, have you let your iPad totally drain until it actually shuts down? If you time it so that it is right before YOU shut down, then plug your iPad in with it's original wall plug and cable. Let it charge overnight. And then see if your battery monitor is recalibrated. I also have the iPad2 and after the most recent upgrade it behaved like yours is doing, read this advice in this forum and it worked for me.

Thanks for advice will try this when I next need to charge.

renevanderglas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ejc1978 said:
Thanks for advice will try this when I next need to charge.

Lets hope it Will fix Your problem of else go back to Your shop to claim warranty.

TanjayLady6204

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Switch off ipad if not going to use it for awhile (or a few hours) also close the apps that you have been using earlier. The battery on my ipad 2 usually lasts up to 10 hrs.

Most reactions

Latest posts