What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 3G reboots - had cydia folder named bydia

jr_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello all... I'm not sure what can be done here
I have a jailbroken Ipad 2 3g 4.3.3. everything was working fine- because of the optimun app I had changed the name Cydia folder to Bydia so the Opt app wouldn't pick up the JB...
in a moment of stupidity - I shot down the ipad - I turned it back on and when it came back nothing looks the same - I can not get any app to run - so I can get to ifile to change the back to cydia-
after researching this - there was a sugestion to use ifunbox to delete apps from the ipad - so I tried to use it to change the name back to cydia - I did after a few tries I was able to get the name back to cydia but the problems still persist- I'm not sure what happened but it looks like an iphone - when I go to the search page the keyboard that pups up is from the iphone-
should I try to delete the cydia folder - is there a way to remove the cydia boot loader?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have installed a mobile substrate tweak that only supports iPhone. If you can get into safe mode, through something like sbsettings, then uninstall whatever tweak that isn't compatible with iPad.

Don't mess with cydia anymore. And cydia is not a bootloader.
The bootloader is a hardware piece that cannot be modified in any way or removed.

OP
J

jr_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not open any app-
and in regards to the cydia loader - I completly mispoke - I was trying to get to what ever is that Cydia loads a boot time -
but anyhow - after a night of anxiaty I did a full restore- and yes - I lost my jb ---- it sucks!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not open any app-
and in regards to the cydia loader - I completly mispoke - I was trying to get to what ever is that Cydia loads a boot time -
but anyhow - after a night of anxiaty I did a full restore- and yes - I lost my jb ---- it sucks!

Like I said, cydia does not load anything at boot time. All cydia does is bring the tweaks and stuff to you instead of you having to search the Internet and install them yourself.

If you ever jailbreak again, leave yourself a back door. Set an activator action to go into safe mode. Install sbsettings. Something so you can get into safe mode if anything goes awry.

Most reactions

Latest posts