What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia repo error

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, when i open up cydia i get an error message saying three things

1. wow, you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of
2. Problem with mergelist
3. the package list or status file could not be parsed or opened

so when i try to delete one of my repos, my ipad2 gets stuck and nothing else can be done. this happened 2 times and i had to restore my ipad twice.. besides this, none of the cydia apps show up. should i try reloading ios? please help me out with.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you maybe have too many things running in the background? Or are low on memory? How about closing all running apps, rebooting the iPad and once it is started up going directly into Cydia to remove the excess repos? It does sound like you are low on available memory since your iPad is not able to load up the repo list.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi guys, when i open up cydia i get an error message saying three things

1. wow, you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of
2. Problem with mergelist
3. the package list or status file could not be parsed or opened

so when i try to delete one of my repos, my ipad2 gets stuck and nothing else can be done. this happened 2 times and i had to restore my ipad twice.. besides this, none of the cydia apps show up. should i try reloading ios? please help me out with.

Which repo is giving you the problem?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are getting excellent help here (and we do need the repo you are trying to work with ... in order to help).

I am just posting to say I deleted your other threads you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

OP
jcodefish

jcodefish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are getting excellent help here (and we do need the repo you are trying to work with ... in order to help).

I am just posting to say I deleted your other threads you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

thanks guys for the reply..sorry mickey330..my ipad got hanged while i was posting it and i accidentally posted two..
cydia.51ipa.com and cydia.myrepospace.com/urus were causing trouble..but now i can delete the two and everything works fine now..

chrisdr2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solution

thanks guys for the reply..sorry mickey330..my ipad got hanged while i was posting it and i accidentally posted two..
cydia.51ipa.com and cydia.myrepospace.com/urus were causing trouble..but now i can delete the two and everything works fine now..

put together the link that i was unable to paste for some stupid reason (scratches head) >>> www reddit com/r/jailbreak/comments/19gjum/i_keep_getting_transferred_to_candy_crush_saga_do/
there is also a video on that page.
It was pretty simple if you add their new source. Simply add it in your sources, then go to their packages...they only have 2 applications to install to block the advertisements.... I was having the same issue. Modified host file is the solution. (approved.)

Most reactions

Latest posts