What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 owners, will you be getting the iPad 2?

Will you be upgrading?

• Totally, gotta have the new thing!

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • No thanks, I'll be getting my money's worth out of the original.

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

geardoom3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because of the Apple close mind, i decided to drop my iPad 1 and go to Android Honeycomb as i will be able to finally see Flash.
Silverlight and/or Flash is a must have including extenal connection for space and transfer which Apple lacks on all that.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I think might affect sales of the iPad 2 is this subscription nonsense Apple is pulling. If Netflix and Amazon pull their apps, those are two monster selling points disappearing.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rperez414 said:
I'm planning on getting one because it will be smaller and lighter. That's the only reason.

I'd rather facetime on my iphone4 so I couldnt care less about the camera.

Sorry, iPad 2 is the same size as iPad one. I wish it was a little smaller.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Because of the Apple close mind, i decided to drop my iPad 1 and go to Android Honeycomb as i will be able to finally see Flash.
Silverlight and/or Flash is a must have including extenal connection for space and transfer which Apple lacks on all that.
If your planning on using silverlight for netflix...good luck. Its not happening.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your planning on using silverlight for netflix...good luck. Its not happening.

Netflix is coming to pretty much all Android tablets since they use Tegra 2:

"Netflix is using the Tegra 2 development platform to bring the Netflix experience to Android super phones and tablets. We're working closely with NVIDIA to ensure Netflix takes full advantage of Tegra's outstanding acceleration and security capabilities." -- Greg Peters, Vice President, Product Development at Netflix

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I won't be upgrading until 2012, probably when apple care runs out.

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mbern1008 said:
I have the Ipad1. When the 2 comes out if it is the same prices I will consider getting the 2 and handing down the 1 to my wife. Next year when the 3 comes out my wife gets the 2 and one of the kids gets the 1.... etc

Win.

gordonk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this moment in time, no. Just got mine end of last year. What IS attractive though, is the extra horsepower and more base memory:D Just not hitting the limits enough to justify at this stage of the game.

OperatorX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for the quantum leap. The current model meets my needs right now and it was a sizeable investment. Besides, I have two years of support to get through before thinking about doing anything different.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll definitely be skipping the iPad 2. I have no use for cameras on my iPad.

And by the time the iPad 3 is out, I'm hoping Android is a little more mature, so I may not even go to the iPad 3... I'm just tired of Apple always trying to stop me from customizing my iPad! It gets old... I would also like native USB functionality. I used to have that with the iPad 1 and the camera connection kit, but once again, bitten by Apples "lockdown" mentality (they changed iOS 4.2.1 to not be able to power most USB devices).

Do you get the feeling that I'm really starting to dislike Apple?!? :)

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a bit premature to conjecture

Mr. Jobs has yet to tell us/show us what the improvements may be. The web is rife with wild, juvenile conjecture and guesses. Hardly that from which to base a decision.

Let's wait until March 2.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr. Jobs has yet to tell us/show us what the improvements may be. The web is rife with wild, juvenile conjecture and guesses. Hardly that from which to base a decision.

Let's wait until March 2.

My guess is that they improve web browsing a lot. If you look at the review of the motorola xoom by anandtech, it destroys the iPad in browser tests. That is the most logical improvement apple can make.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple way of operating is not for everyone. But there are a lot of apps that allow various tweaks to customize the iPad, and lots of add-ons. The good thing about products like the iPhone and iPad is that they may get out numbered by the Android devices, but the single design means that more vendors can make products to fit that product.

Most reactions

Latest posts