What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 owners, will you be getting the iPad 2?

Will you be upgrading?

• Totally, gotta have the new thing!

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • No thanks, I'll be getting my money's worth out of the original.

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, we don't discuss illegal apps here. That's why those comments were deleted!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 said:
No, we don't discuss illegal apps here. That's why those comments were deleted!

Oooooohhhhhhhhh. You deleted them. I was wondering what you were talking about. I thought I was crazy. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Not random at all.

Because if people would have read the comments on the website, they would have read the comment stating that the link to illegal repo has been removed. So it would not have created the confusion.

It wasn't very much confusion. But anyway, back on topic. I don't want to create another argument that ends up in people getting banned.

Ms Deb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I struggled with myself over this. I love technology. I always want the newest gadget. I ended up with every other iPhone, and will wait for the iPad 3 now. I was tempted, but what I really liked was the cover. I don't need a camera. I have the iPhone 4. I like the fact it is thinner, but not enough to upgrade. I treated myself to a new Vaja cover, and my angst was appeased. I can wait till next year.:)

rgardnerimages

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This really upsets me

Personally I'm upset with Apple.
I have my Ipad less than a year, and they introduce a totally new Ipad 2.
They should have a buy back plan giving Ipad 1 owners a credit towards a new Ipad 2.
I'm giving up on Apple, and returning to all Pc based products. Computers, tablets, and phones.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really want the new iPad. Thinner, lighter, faster is hard to resist in a device I use all the time, at work and at home. I can almost justify it. But then I remember the gen 1 I have isn't exactly big, heavy or slow, and still works perfectly, so I'm trying hard to hold out for gen 3. (the cameras don't matter to me).

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should have a buy back plan giving Ipad 1 owners a credit towards a new Ipad 2.
I'm giving up on Apple, and returning to all Pc based products. Computers, tablets, and phones.

Not sure I understand this logic. Apple comes out with new versions of their stuff yearly, pretty much like clockwork (no surprise or sneakiness there), but the old one still works. If you like the product why give it up because there's an even spiffier version available? Seems self defeating. :confused:

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chiffchaff said:
Not sure I understand this logic. Apple comes out with new versions of their stuff yearly, pretty much like clockwork (no surprise or sneakiness there), but the old one still works. If you like the product why give it up because there's an even spiffier version available? Seems self defeating. :confused:

I agree companies come out with new tech all the time. Just buy every other update!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rgardnerimages said:

I bought my iPad in May. It hasn't even been a year yet. But I'm not upset. That's because I expected Apple to release a new iPad in about a year, give or take a month or two. That's about the right pace for much of the mobile computing and smartphone technology industry these days. I bought my EVO 4G in late Summer and already there's another model out that could be better. Am I upset? Nah. It all comes back to "Ahhh, if only I'd waited a little longer." It all depends on how satisfied you are with your current product and how long you're willing to wait for the model you think is going to be right for you.

Using your strange logic, I take it you'd also be very upset with Ford for releasing a new 2011 Mustang with some cool new features this month since you bought the 2010 model back in October. And because of this, you're going to hate on Ford and latch onto Chevy. So what's going to happen when you buy a new Chevy in June of this year and Chevy comes out with a brand new version of the model in March of next year? You gonna drop Chevy and hate on them, too? Hey, I bought a really nice new lens for my camera for $625 in January. Then late last month the same lens went on sale for $550. Oh darn. But I'm not gonna hate on the store because I was impatient to get what I want now.

Oh, by the way, Apple WILL have a $100 credit extended to people who just purchased their version 1 iPads as late as February 16th of this year. That's pretty generous, considering the fact that this isn't something manufacturers commonly do when they roll out new models of their products year after year.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it Friday yet???

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions