What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2, I'll just wait for #3

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta admit it though, the new ipad is a complete redisgn that if side by side to original, it beats it, hands down. Faster cpu,gpu, dual cams, lighter, thinner, just better overall.

Sure, but I've just stopped thinking in terms of comparing/competing between stuff a long time ago. Reason being, again, there will never be an end to the comparisons - it's a given that you'd expect a newer product will have better hardware and specs. It's a meaningless pissing contest.

At the end of the day, the iPad, whether 1 or 2, is just a material thing. A useful thing, a cool thing, a fun thing - but ultimately still a thing which, at the end of the day, anyone who really wants to can save up and buy.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I do not see getting the iPad 2, even though the geek in my wants one. The Scot in me is too cheap, and the Irish in me is afraid of the German in my wife.:) I do wonder one thing. If I were to get one, or even the next one, how hard would it be to swap my 3G SD card? When I get my next model, my wife will get the original an she would have little need for 3G.

You use the mini SIM puncher to open the slot, take the SIM out and place it inside the iPad 2. It's a matter of seconds at most, depending on how long you have to search for that SIM slot opener.
It's easy to change the Sim card but you have to tell your 3G service provider.

When I registered mine I had to give out the device's model and serial numbers. I you don't it could be considered an offense.

Reaction score
iVan said:
It's easy to change the Sim card but you have to tell your 3G service provider.

When I registered mine I had to give out the device's model and serial numbers. I you don't it could be considered an offense.

What a &$#%"Â¥ provider. I pay for the 3G plan to use data and it is non of my providers business what device I use it with.

I am assuming you are referring to a US provider?

Last edited:

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IpadOne said:
currently i agree with you , but i will not get the xoom, the current one is perfect ... i will wait to see if the 2 is really more faster

I played with the Xoom the other day... It's not that good. The os is buggy and slow. The hardware is heavy and the screen glare is worse than the iPad.

Guess I`s still waiting for a tablet to fit my needs then.

I haven`t had the opportunity to get my hands on the Xoom yet.
It certainly looks sweet though.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IpadOne said:
currently i agree with you , but i will not get the xoom, the current one is perfect ... i will wait to see if the 2 is really more faster

I played with the Xoom the other day... It's not that good. The os is buggy and slow. The hardware is heavy and the screen glare is worse than the iPad.

Guess I`s still waiting for a tablet to fit my needs then.

I haven`t had the opportunity to get my hands on the Xoom yet.
It certainly looks sweet though.
Looks can be decieving
Dont judge a book by its cover
Lmao all apply here

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotta admit it though, the new ipad is a complete redisgn that if side by side to original, it beats it, hands down. Faster cpu,gpu, dual cams, lighter, thinner, just better overall.

Sure, but I've just stopped thinking in terms of comparing/competing between stuff a long time ago. Reason being, again, there will never be an end to the comparisons - it's a given that you'd expect a newer product will have better hardware and specs. It's a meaningless pissing contest.

At the end of the day, the iPad, whether 1 or 2, is just a material thing. A useful thing, a cool thing, a fun thing - but ultimately still a thing which, at the end of the day, anyone who really wants to can save up and buy.

You right n thats exactly the point. You can never keep up. Tech changes exponentially everyday. But i do love to have the newest tech device out though. Eitherway, im still amazed and pleased with my original ipad. I have the same wow factor with it today as i did day one when i got it back in july. It fits all my computing needs perfectly!

nickora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.orantec.co.uk
I really think that when developers come to developing an app that the costings mean tehy try to make it available for both iphone and ipad rather than just one over the other, to really take advantage of the ipad 2 new features you wouldnt be able to do that and so I dont think there's a need for the ipad 2 as yet.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[You right n thats exactly the point. You can never keep up. Tech changes exponentially everyday. But i do love to have the newest tech device out though. Eitherway, im still amazed and pleased with my original ipad. I have the same wow factor with it today as i did day one when i got it back in july. It fits all my computing needs perfectly!

Comparing specs reminds me of those Top Trumps cards where the entire point of the game was to out-spec the other players on numbers alone: it's a rather superficial comparison, and how you manage and use the device counts for a lot more than how much more advanced your hardware is. (But Top Trumps was crazy fun to play, though.)

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im getting the Ipad 2 simple because I just got the Ipad 1 for my Bday (from my wife) and I can return it to the store and wait four days and then the Ipad 2 drops. So for me it makes sense to get the Ipad 2. Now if I had my Ipad since day one I wouldnt give the Ipad 2 any thought.

JayJosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kingsmuse said:
Personally the new iPad is a fairly large disappointment.

There`s no motivation to buy one considering it has no real improvement over the first one.

I won`t wait for iPad3 though I`ll get the Xoom.

:)

I wouldn't be so sure until you actually held one in your hands. The day you go to the apple store to check it out, you just may fall for it. LOL!

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JayJosh said:
I wouldn't be so sure until you actually held one in your hands. The day you go to the apple store to check it out, you just may fall for it. LOL!

I'm going to wait until I see it personally before making my judgment.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im back on the fence too after that whole imovie will work on ipad 1. I could just another 16gb and update to 4.3. Download imovies and use my canon to film. If thats the case.$350>$500

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's kind of funny - but I've got little urge to rush out and buy an iPad 2. Looking at my current iPad - it's exactly what I want.

That "wow" feeling will pass quickly enough. Sure, it's nice to have and I'd love to win one in a raffle or lucky draw, but the reality is that I'm quite happy with what I have. There will always be something else better/faster/cooler out there.

+1.

Most reactions