What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on my New IPAD 2. Help Needed

geNe36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried finding solutions online before giving up... so here are my questions i would like to post. Do pardon me if it really sound very stupid.. new to this gadget...

I owned

- iPhone 3GS (v4.3 "Still in JAIL" - Un-Jailbroken)
- iPod Touch (v.4.2.1 Jailbroken by watching youtube)
- iPad 2 (v4.3 yet to Jailbreak)

Question 1:
Set up my 3 emails to my new ipad 2... read my mails... deleted them... surf net using my laptop... happen to log in to my emails using the laptop... emails read and deleted from my ipad earlier still appears as unread in my computer. How do i setup in such a way... reading and deleting from either ipad or computer will clear them? I do not want to read emails from my ipad everyday and one day i surf the net and shows that my email account having 10,000 mails inside yet to be 'read'.

Question 2:
How do I link up my iPad 2 to my iPhone 3GS so that my iPad could surf internet using my iPhone 3GS data plan? Read up from the internet.. my iPhone 3GS v4.3 UN JAILBROKEN.... doesn't have 'Personal Hotspot' and 'Internet Tethering' options for me under SETTING>GENERAL>NETWORK....
screenshots i see from the net from other 3GS seems to be different from mine...

iPhone 3GS >Settings> all i see is (airplane mode, wi-fi, notifications, locations services, carrier, sounds, brightness and so on... under GENERAL> Network> what i see is.... (Enable 3G, Cellular Date, Cellular Data Network, Data Roaming, VPN, Wi-fi)

I use to see Internet Tethering options... but after updating to 4.3... GONE with the wind...

Can iPad surf the net using bluetooth tethering from my iPhone 3GS (UN-jailbreak)? How?

Questions 3:
Is there a easier way or setting that i can set in itunes so that it can remember my idevices apps? Having 3 iDevices (itouch, iphone, ipad).. every Sync is a pain in the ass as i have to unclick some apps.. or click some apps.. because for me... all 3 different devices have certain number of different apps in them... I'm not sure did i express myself clearly in this question but i hope someone understand what i'm trying to say... ;)

Question 4:
MyWi can't be found from iTunes?

Question 5:
Anyone heard of C Apple Peel? I bought it but yet to come... was thinking it can make my itouch into a handphone device by installing the peel... am thinking if i were to insert my data plan sim card and enabling 3G... will it be able to surf the net as well and then tether to my ipad to allow my ipad to surf the net anywhere...?

-----------------------------------

Just trying to post whatever queries i have.. hope it's easy to understand and hopefully someone is there to answer my questions... Thank you so much guys....

kevroc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question 1:
How do i setup in such a way... reading and deleting from either ipad or computer will clear them? I do not want to read emails from my ipad everyday and one day i surf the net and shows that my email account having 10,000 mails inside yet to be 'read'.

** I use gmail and I believe it's using imap to do the email. This just automatically works for me. Just give it time to sync back updates as it may not reflect immediately.

Question 2:
How do I link up my iPad 2 to my iPhone 3GS so that my iPad could surf internet using my iPhone 3GS data plan? Read up from the internet.. my iPhone 3GS v4.3 UN JAILBROKEN.... doesn't have 'Personal Hotspot' and 'Internet Tethering' options for me under SETTING>GENERAL>NETWORK....
screenshots i see from the net from other 3GS seems to be different from mine...
I use to see Internet Tethering options... but after updating to 4.3... GONE with the wind...
Can iPad surf the net using bluetooth tethering from my iPhone 3GS (UN-jailbreak)? How?

** You need carrier supported Tethering which your carrier may or may not offer. If you don't have the option then you can't tether. Also since you've updated to 4.3 you can't jailbreak yet either.

Questions 3:
Is there a easier way or setting that i can set in itunes so that it can remember my idevices apps? Having 3 iDevices (itouch, iphone, ipad).. every Sync is a pain in the ass as i have to unclick some apps.. or click some apps.. because for me... all 3 different devices have certain number of different apps in them... I'm not sure did i express myself clearly in this question but i hope someone understand what i'm trying to say... ;)

**It will remember the apps chosen for each device, but you have to do the initial selection manually and then there's the option to "sync new apps" automatically or do them manually as well. I have that option checked so whenever I download a new app it shows up on everything until I delete it on the ones I don't want it on.

Question 4:
MyWi can't be found from iTunes?

**It's a jailbreak app found on cydia

Question 5:
Anyone heard of C Apple Peel? I bought it but yet to come... was thinking it can make my itouch into a handphone device by installing the peel... am thinking if i were to insert my data plan sim card and enabling 3G... will it be able to surf the net as well and then tether to my ipad to allow my ipad to surf the net anywhere...?

**Don't know off-hand, but not likely...

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked the same question. A responder mentioned that hotmail can't do it. Are you using hotmail?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kevroc pretty much nails it

1. I have eight emails from various providers set up and they all act exactly as I want them to - erase on one device, all are erased.

2. Gott have 4.3 and AT&T service having set up the mobil hotspot with them. I did that on the phone.

3. Yes. Read the instructions. Synch all or only those checked and set it up individually to do what you want for each device.

4. Of course not. It is a jailbroken app unsupported by Apple.

5. You'll have to read up on what the Peel can do for you, preferably before you buy it, not after. I have no experience with it.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Answer to 1st question: Go to settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on the mail account then on advanced. Then then tap "Delete from server" and then change to "When removed from Inbox".

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sickpup said:
Answer to 1st question: Go to settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on the mail account then on advanced. Then then tap "Delete from server" and then change to "When removed from Inbox".

I don't see any advanced button, and therefore no "delete from server", etc.. Pal ease help us find the area you are referring to. Thank you.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sickpup said:

I don't see any advanced button, and therefore no "delete from server", etc.. Pal ease help us find the area you are referring to. Thank you.

Go to settings, the icon with gears at the bottom. When you are in settings look for "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" it is the 9th item in list. Open it and you will see a list of your mail Accounts and other Accounts like MobileMe. Open a mail account (when I say open I mean Tap on it to go to it's settings). If the keyboard opens close it and you should see at the bottom of the account settings "Advanced". Now open it and and you will see the Advanced settings. The "Delete from server" should say Never. Open this and and you have 3 choices. Never, Seven days, and When removed from Inbox. Never will have a check by it. Tap the "When removed from Inbox" and a check should now be by it and not by the "Never". Now close "Advanced" then back to account. When you are back to that Account setting Tap Done.

Hope this helps? It is as simple as I know how to explain it. Good luck.
Dan

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For question 1 you need IMAP email, POP3 wont work it's the protocol that's like that npt the IPAD

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dan, thank you so much! You did a great job in explaining it. Thank you for your help. Hugs :)

Most reactions

Latest posts