What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 multitouch gestures hack not working

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad1 supports multigesture after using redsnow rc15 for jailbreak. And check the box for multigesture and cydia. I think your problem is on software for jailbreak.

if he does through cydia it won't delete everything from his device? in my oppinion my solution is better u don't need to mess with cydia

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goribildo said:
if he does through cydia it won't delete everything from his device? in my oppinion my solution is better u don't need to mess with cydia

Not sure I understand. You are asking if enabling gestures through Cydia will delete everything from the iPad?
Well, no. And the Cydia method is easier for some people.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Select the file K48AP.plist and use Property list viewer to edit the entries

There is nothing wrong with you solution goribildo and we welcome all suggestions!
But you should also be aware that the K48AP.plist file is a pretty important for the iPad. If a user makes any mistake at all changing it, this can render the iPad inoperable and a restore will be needed. So perhaps worth warning people, they should take great care any time they edit K48AP.plist?
Hope you don't mind the suggestion :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
There is nothing wrong with you solution goribildo and we welcome all suggestions!
But you should also be aware that the K48AP.plist file is a pretty important for the iPad. If a user makes any mistake at all changing it, this can render the iPad inoperable and a restore will be needed. So perhaps worth warning people, they should take great care any time they edit K48AP.plist?

I have had to restore 5 times due to a spelling error in the k4ap.plist in the past. :)
I have learned to always use pkgbackup before I attempt an edit of the filesystem. :D

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

unfortunately i couldn't upload pics to show u how easy is to turn gestures on through k48ap u have only buttons to turn on or off that's all but anyways i got the suggestion i'll warn more next time

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goribildo said:
unfortunately i couldn't upload pics to show u how easy is to turn gestures on through k48ap u have only buttons to turn on or off that's all but anyways i got the suggestion i'll warn more next time

You can upload pics with iPF. Take a screenshot, and with the app you can add a pic to your post.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goribildo said:

I agree, but you are assuming they have purchased iFile to make it easy. Not everyone owns it (though everyone should!) :)

DAMN - Just realised what is wrong with this picture. Sorry, you should have read the rules! I'll make some edits and take action.

Last edited:

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goribildo said:

You can upload pics with iPF. Take a screenshot, and with the app you can add a pic to your post.

i know but to do that i first must create at least 3 topics and i'm so lazy so i couldn't help him with pics

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goribildo said:
i know but to do that i first must create at least 3 topics and i'm so lazy so i couldn't help him with pics

-:D
I don't get the requirements. Have to wait 15 seconds between posts, wait a minute between PMs, I don't know what the time requirement is for submitting threads.......

dynax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually you don't need to jailbreak your ipad to get this hack.

+ You need iTune
+ Ipad 1 or 2 (4.3 and above)
+ iBackupBot (don't need to buy - Free for use)

- Run iTune and do the backup
- Run iBackupBot, pick the backup you just created
- Select library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist
- Add the following lines right below <dict>

<key>SBUseSystemGestures</key>
<true/>

- Save
- Control-T, it will ask if you want to restore this backup, pick YES
- Restart your ipad

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOLUTION:
no need to use redsnow there's a simple tweak to enable multitasking gestures on ipad,follow the instructions and everything will be fine.
for this u need ifile
after this open ifile and navigate to System >> Library >> CoreServices >> SpringBoard.app >> K48AP.plist
Inside the file go to capabilities
Locate the option for multitouch gestures and turn it on
Close ifile and respring the device
Go to settings/general and u should see the gestures option already enabled
Smile and enjoy multitouch gestures :)
if u need pics just tell me,hope i helped u here

This helped me too, cheers!

Most reactions

Latest posts