What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 multitouch gestures hack not working

Muttonhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, after some in-depth research about how to enable MTG on my iPad i got it working using the Xcode 'use ffor development' method. I then chose to jailbreak with redsnow but missed the option during install to enable MTG. Once the jb was complete, the function was gone. After more research I found an article explaining how to change the plist file to turn the option back on. Made the change, but no dice. :(

When I view the file it does say MTG is set to YES but isn't working. I tried the winterboard theme for gestures, but still nothing. Am I missing something obvious? My first thought was that I lost the function after the jb, but since I did have it working I know it should work. I wish there was a way to go back to that redsnow install and reselect that option. Anyone have a solution? I'm on 4.3.3

Thanks in advance,
Mutton

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to run redsn0w again, as long as you make sure to ONLY tick the gestures option. Do not select anything else, in particular don't install Cydia again...

OP
M

Muttonhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will running redsnow a second time change any other items I've modified? Specifically, I've modified a file to enable mirroring on my television... will a second run of redsnow overwrite this?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Muttonhead said:
will running redsnow a second time change any other items I've modified? Specifically, I've modified a file to enable mirroring on my television... will a second run of redsnow overwrite this?

WOAH!!!!!!!
how did you get display mirroring to work? It just made my iPad commit suicide. :(

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Muttonhead said:

WOAH!!!!!!!
how did you get display mirroring to work? It just made my iPad commit suicide. :(

I'm going to say he follow these steps. I could be wrong.

Enable Display Mirroring on 1st gen. iPad and 4th gen. iOS devices | Nature's Eye Studios

My question is what command to use when u save the file and upload it back to the iPad via SSH?

nm...found it

Last edited:

joey2264

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

I have the same problem with multitouch gestures. I had them working perfectly using the method where you add the key to the file. After I jailbroke, I did the same thing, and it didn't work. I tried it multiple times. I tried the Winterboard tweak that is supposed to do it, and it didn't work either.

Did you figure out how to fix this? Did you do redsnow again without messing anything up? Please help me, I want my multitouch gestures back.

At least I know they are possibly with iOS 4, since my jailbroken 3GS has them running. Of course I never use them on my iphone, as the small size of the screen makes them almost useless.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joey2264 said:
I have the same problem with multitouch gestures. I had them working perfectly using the method where you add the key to the file. After I jailbroke, I did the same thing, and it didn't work. I tried it multiple times. I tried the Winterboard tweak that is supposed to do it, and it didn't work either.

Did you figure out how to fix this? Did you do redsnow again without messing anything up? Please help me, I want my multitouch gestures back.

At least I know they are possibly with iOS 4, since my jailbroken 3GS has them running. Of course I never use them on my iphone, as the small size of the screen makes them almost useless.

Run redsnow again and check the box "enable multitasking gestures". Uncheck "install Cydia". Don't need that again. :)

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish someone can come over and jailbreak lol...I may try it since I have iPad 1....in aug for my bray I may buy iPad 2or wait for 3...

Plmk

Last edited by a moderator:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nancybout said:
I wish someone can come over and jailbreak lol...I may try it since I have iPad 1....in aug for my bray I may buy iPad 2or wait for 3...

Plmk

Free apps are illegal so you so should edit your post.

But, themes, hacks, and all the stuff apple doesn't allow you to do.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This is very true ~ and I will edit it if need be ~ but Grayson, are there not some free apps?

On Cydia. He meant free app store apps with (the forbidden word).

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SOLUTION:
no need to use redsnow there's a simple tweak to enable multitasking gestures on ipad,follow the instructions and everything will be fine.
for this u need ifile
after this open ifile and navigate to System >> Library >> CoreServices >> SpringBoard.app >> K48AP.plist
Select the file K48AP.plist and use Property list viewer to edit the entries
Inside the file go to capabilities
Locate the option for multitouch gestures and turn it on
Close ifile and respring the device
Go to settings/general and u should see the gestures option already enabled
Smile and enjoy multitouch gestures :)
if u need pics just tell me,hope i helped u here

bluvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad1 supports multigesture after using redsnow rc15 for jailbreak. And check the box for multigesture and cydia. I think your problem is on software for jailbreak.

Most reactions

Latest posts