What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multitasking gestures and error

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i've recently updated my iPad to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbroken it (finally i have an untutored jailbreak^^) today i was trying to enable multitasking gestures as i had them enabled when it was jb on 4.3.4 (tethered) of course i unchecked the "install cydia" box and i just checked the "enable multitask gesture" but it gave me an error (the screen blackened and it looked all like a terminal as if i was jailbreaking again) and it gave me the following error:
error, no succesful firmware download after 60000
and then it says "giving up" so i had to force shutdown holding the top and home button till it shut down and then it now seems to be working fine but without multitasking gestures, i tried again but nothing, is there anyway to enable them successfully?
Sorry for all the confusion.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which jailbreaking package did you use initially?

I ask because I've done this myself - rerunning the jailbreak package to get the gestures - yet I've not gotten that error. I used redsn0w redsn0w_win_0.9.10b2 (and I've heard that redsn0w_win_0.9.10b3 works fine also).

So, maybe just retry again? Or, if you did it with a lower version of redsn0w, try running a higher version? Or, re-do the jailbreak with redsn0w (after restoring a fresh iOS 5.0.1 on the iPad) and make sure the "install gestures" box is checked? <--- That one's a bit drastic, because you'll have to go through the whole restore all over again ... but at least you'll have the gestures.

Other than that, I've got nothing. I've seen this error before, but the fixes range from re-running it again all the way to using a different computer or starting over. Sorry not to be of better help.

Marilyn

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry what do you mean when saying what package? I used th first time redsn0w10b2 and then updated but i got the same error, i used the 5.0.1 firmware.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've just tried again twice and it work, thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts