What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 1 bricked during update

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have ipad 1 ver 4.2.1 jailbroken i tried to update to 5.1 it is bricked and go into recovery mode asking to connect i tune i tried to restore using i tune it give error 21
i tried to restore using firmware 4.2.1 it give error 1*** i goggle it and tried to use tiny umbrella while restoring it give another error by itune.
i tried redsnow to fix error of i tune update but it stop at checking lime something.... and didn't complete. i tried to exit recovery mode by using tiny umbrella but it loop
into recovery mode. now iam frustrated disappointed.

Last edited:

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the things I had been experiencing when updating and getting error notices was because I didn't disable my antivirus package on WinXP. I don't remember if I read about turning off the antivirus temporarily on these forums or on Apple Support. When I tried that my update went through fine.
You may have to put yours into DFU mode to be able to continue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
D

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried to disable the antivirus but the problem pesist

OP
D

drsas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear
Mickey330
user-online.png

Super Moderator
it works i followed it exactly and it worked thank you very much highly appreciating you and your great forum.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it worked.

And, kudos to my fellow moderator, f4780y, who writes these most excellent tutorials (I just link to them).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts