What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad 2 bricked?

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2,it is jailbroken im not sure what version ios though its anywere from 5.0-5.1.1.ipad has worked perfectly for nearly a year now until 2 days ago.My kid put it on the charger,she went to grab it in the morning and it appeared to be still dead.I started messing with it{i build my own computers and jailbreak all my phones ipod ect}i raelized that the battery icon was going on and off it has the thin red line like 1 percent charge with a lightning bolt underneath,and it alternated between the silver apple icon going on and off in a loop or the battery icon then the silver apple icon and also the restore mode usb cable with the itunes icon.I tried everything so far ,i mean everything.I did the hard restart 5000 times i used tiny umbrella i changed the apple ip in my host folders,added and removed them.I hjave tried redsnow with every original ios from 5 to 6.1.iv'e tried to restore it in reg and dfu mode but always getting the error messages 9 1600 3194 all of them.The restore either stops away or it gets stuck at the contacting apple part for either 1 min to an hr then errors out.I have read up on my problem on tons of websites,its not the stuck on logging error i have its something alot different iv'e only found a handfull of people with my problem and any fixes iv'e read havn't worked,so any incite on this wouldl greatly help i have spent 20 hrs trying to fix this.I don't want to bring it to apple store but i don't know what to do.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When the USB cable/iTunes restore screen is on. Does it stay on for a while? Or does it turn off shortly after? My first impressions on reading this is maybe the iPad isn't charging.

OP
A

ajack71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its diff all the time,its been charging now on the wall ,still doing same thing though silver apple ipad icon going on and off not starting up.

Most reactions

Latest posts