What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEVER BEEN THIS FRUSTRATED!! Cannot update IPAD 1 to ios 5 . or 4. Error after error

spseansp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad 1 32gb. Ios version 3.2.2.. I have tryed every forum... every solution will not work... This is absolutely killing me... The ipad is not jailbroken to my knowledge.. it has no cydia. It is owned by someone who would not attempt to jailbreak it. I have tryed downloading 4.2.1... 4.3.3... 5.0.1.... 5.1.1 I cannot update this Ipad. I get error 3194. when i try to get around this using other forums. I get error 11. Then error 2005... This is a nightmare. I have cleared all host exceptions. and tryed different Ip configurations to try and use some cydia server. I am lost when it comes to Tiny Umbrella... But why do I need any of this when the ipad is factory no jailbreak... I just want to update the darn thing. someone with experience please help.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Update iTunes.
2. Disable firewalls/antivirus.
3. Backup.
4. Restore to factory settings.
5. Connect to USB2.0
6. Update

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
S

spseansp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firewall disabled.
Reset all settings on ipad.
Host file is clean.
USB directly connected.
latest version of itunes installed. 10.6.1.7
Iphone is on and normal mode.

Normal click update in itunes. click check. now its saying the latest version is 5.1.1. Hit update. now says 1631 error something bout the carrier. It is still extracting at this point.
now says prepairing ipad for update. now I get error 11. could not be restored.

Now apple screen is saying to connect to itunes... its in recovery mode. I have to restart itunes and now it says itunes detectes the ipad in recovery mode and needs to be recovered. I hit restore and then check. now restore and update...
now says preparing ipad for restore. and has a loading bar on ipad screen. ( further then the ipad has gone yet )
My holy ghost it seems to have worked.... restoring factory settings may have been the doozy... Coming from a very advanced user that has finally used a forum for something other then reading. Thank you so much!!

noorahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here

I have an ipad 16 gb ios3.2.2 , i am trying to update it to ios 5 or 4 since last 2 or 3 months. I have using ipsw files. As in ur case, i m also getting error after error, I resorted to Kevin JS, but that too didn't helped me. What u wrote in ur latest message, I tried that, I went upto the level where error 11 pops up. But after that it didn't ask me to restart itunes. Even when manually I restart Itunes, & try to restore (as the new msg says) it always shows error 3194. Guyz plz help me out, u know what i m feeling ryt nw...... super frustated. (n ya dun say download ios directly from iTunes).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts