What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 worth the update?

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can and you would go straight to 5.1 now. You need to download the latest iTunes on your computer and backup everything. It's a good idea to disable your virus protection and/or firewall for the duration of the update. It is a very big update so can take some time depending on what you already have on your ipad. Have a look at this link and it will show you how to do it.
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

Did you forget to add the link?
I'm downloading the update to my laptop now, they say it will take more than an hour and not to touch it.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm downloading the update to my laptop now, they say it will take more than an hour and not to touch it.

I had sent you a link with the instructions originally. Please see above. It does look like Leelai forgot the link, but the one I sent should help you.

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had sent you a link with the instructions originally. Please see above. It does look like Leelai forgot the link, but the one I sent should help you.

My download is complete but it did it and voila .... Nothing to say what it did. There was no link in your message, so I don't
Know what you sent, can you send the link again....please?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:

My link is in there, the vimeo link. Isn't it showing on your post. I'll check this out.

I've checked it. I did put the link in and I can see it, but when I went to the site it's not there. Something weird is going on here!

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
My link is in there, the vimeo link. Isn't it showing on your post. I'll check this out.

Not only is the link there it's also in the quote saying its not there.....

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Not only is the link there it's also in the quote saying its not there.....

The Archangel

Gab this is weird they can't see my link, but I can and you can. Can you see it on the site, because I can't?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting same results as Gab.

Never mind. I could see the embedded video on Google Chrome but I can't even see the link on mobile Safari.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I'm getting same results as Gab.

Never mind. I could see the embedded video on Google Chrome but I can't even see the link on mobile Safari.

Strange isn't it Kevin?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can now see your link, leelai...but loverem-were you able to see mine I sent you? You have quoted me, with my thread link attached. Can you confirm?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I can now see your link, leelai...but loverem-were you able to see mine I sent you? You have quoted me, with my thread link attached. Can you confirm?

Thanks Carol, so can you see it on the app or site or both because I still can't see it on the site.

LoveRem, is all good on the upgrade? Sorry about the link fiasco, but by the looks of it you were fine.
You did well!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leelai--I could not see it on Mobile Safari when using my ipad, however, can see on my PC with IE8.

and to LoveREM--glad that you got it working all the same.

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You asked me to reply, hope I'm doing it right and not breaking, I'm novice at this still
I connected my iPad to my PC and went to iTunes, it updated my PC and Then my iPad. Then I tried to jailbreak my iPad and it
Seems I shouldn't have updated, I can't download the sn0w site. Now everything I try to download it says safari can't download
This. Leelai how do I contact you with a couple of questions about this site?
I have a new iPad 3 coming so I won't worry about jail breaking this one for now. I'm totally green about the connection between
iTunes and iPad. Thanks for the help to update, thanks very much.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:
You asked me to reply, hope I'm doing it right and not breaking, I'm novice at this still
I connected my iPad to my PC and went to iTunes, it updated my PC and Then my iPad. Then I tried to jailbreak my iPad and it
Seems I shouldn't have updated, I can't download the sn0w site. Now everything I try to download it says safari can't download
This. Leelai how do I contact you with a couple of questions about this site?
I have a new iPad 3 coming so I won't worry about jail breaking this one for now. I'm totally green about the connection between
iTunes and iPad. Thanks for the help to update, thanks very much.

I seem to recall that you have an iPad 1, in which case you are in luck because there is a tethered Jailbreak for it on iOS 5.1 already, check out this link to another great tutorial by f4780y, http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

The Archangel

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much Gabriel, I have noticed that when I've tried to download anything, I see a closed lock on the download window, any
Thoughts?.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LoveRem36 said:
Thanks so much Gabriel, I have noticed that when I've tried to download anything, I see a closed lock on the download window, any
Thoughts?.

I've not come across this but I guess it depends on what you are trying to download. It may be that you need to try a different browser as some have better download/upload capabilities than Safari. I know for uploading many use iCab, I'm not sure what it's downloading capabilities are like though.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts