What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 SHSH Blobs on Cydia

dnineseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have a BIG problem. Sorry this is so long :(

I have an iPhone 4, originally came with 4.3.5. I've been using the Gevey sim card (which has worked perfectly). Because of this method, I never had to jailbreak my phone originally. But I accidentally updated to 5.0 and my Gevey card is not working anymore (i think because its now on the 04.11.08 baseband; i read several places that you cannot unlock with gevey sim or ultrasn0w but wasnt sure whether there were other options).

Because I was using the Gevey card, I never bothered to jailbreak my iPhone and never saved my SHSH from 4.3.5. I figure it has something to do with not having the SHSH. Is there any way to get the SHSH's that I might be missing? Is there any way to get these files (4.3.5??) from someone?????

In the mean time, I've been working to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.3.5. Is this possible without the SHSH's (from what I've read, doesn't sound like it)

HELP Leigh!!!!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dnineseven said:
I think I have a BIG problem. Sorry this is so long :(

I have an iPhone 4, originally came with 4.3.5. I've been using the Gevey sim card (which has worked perfectly). Because of this method, I never had to jailbreak my phone originally. But I accidentally updated to 5.0 and my Gevey card is not working anymore (i think because its now on the 04.11.08 baseband; i read several places that you cannot unlock with gevey sim or ultrasn0w but wasnt sure whether there were other options).

Because I was using the Gevey card, I never bothered to jailbreak my iPhone and never saved my SHSH from 4.3.5. I figure it has something to do with not having the SHSH. Is there any way to get the SHSH's that I might be missing? Is there any way to get these files (4.3.5??) from someone?????

In the mean time, I've been working to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.3.5. Is this possible without the SHSH's (from what I've read, doesn't sound like it)

HELP Leigh!!!!

Sorry, it's bad news. You now have a baseband which cannot be unlocked and cannot be downgraded. There are zero options for you to use the phone unlocked now. :(

dnineseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much for the response. thatll save me alot of time and effort i guess.... :\ I AM SUCH AN IDIOT, I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT......

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you so much for the response. thatll save me alot of time and effort i guess.... :\ I AM SUCH AN IDIOT, I CANT BELIEVE I DID THAT......

No problem. You may like to use our sister site, iphoneforums.net. Whenever there is any firm news regarding unlocking the 04.11.08 baseband, we will post it over there. It's unlikely that we would cover it here at iPadForums!

Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts