What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cydia misreporting SHSH Blob?

Averros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day,
I have been browsing these forums for some time... Lurking and never really bothered to speak up. I am curious though is anyone else having issues with Cydia reporting the wrong blobs? I have an iPad 2 on 4.3.3, jail broken and all... And I have never updated to 4.3.5, yet when I look in Cydia it says my shsh blob is on 4.3.5. This is kinda strange and obviously means I cannot restore. Any suggestions?

Averros

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there is nothing wrong with that. Cydia can only save the blobs which Apple are providing. They have nothing to do with what version of IOS you have installed. If Cydia says it has your 4.3.5 blobs that is OK, and if that is all it has, that is because you only started using Cydia with that device after the 4.3.5 signing window was open.

You are right to say that if those are the only blobs you see in Cydia then that is the only firmware you can restore. So you will need to be very careful that you do not make a mistake and force yourself into a situation where you need to restore...

Hope that clarifies.

OP
Averros

Averros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks, I wasn't entirely sure how that worked... I always though it was tied to the firmware not the firmware signing by apple. Nice to know that I wasn't losing my mind and that Cydia isn't broken :)

Most reactions

Latest posts