What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New jb will support 5.0 also. I think it will be out on Sunday the latest.

MACloud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should upgrade now. If Apple stops signing the iOS 5.0.1 firmware you won't be able to upgrade!
It doesn't matter if you have the firmware downloaded to your PC or not, if Apple stopped signing... No way to upgrade to 5.0.1 then.

Thanks M8 I will do it, sorry but still dont understand how signing etc works :eek:

Regards MACloud

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MACloud said:
Thanks M8 I will do it, sorry but still dont understand how signing etc works :eek:

Regards MACloud

I don't fully understand it.. But what I think about it;
The combination of an iDevice and firmware has a unique signature (SHSH blobs). This signature will be read by Apple when you upgrade.
If the signature is of older firmware (signing window is closed) you cannot update. So if you are on 4.3.5, and Apple stops signing the 5.0.1 signature and started signing the 5.1 signature; upgrading to 5.0.1 is impossible.

No, this isn't really how it is... But the only thing that matters now is to be on iOS 5.0.1!!

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITunes U is working fine on my JB iPad2. I was just watching a video. (knock on wood) there are no future problems. :)

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak seems all good here. Thank god for pkgbackup. Made life so much more easy!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't sleep, lol.
Had to check if the Windows version was released, but no...
Has this happend before? First an OSX release and an x amount of time later the Windows release?

Most reactions

Latest posts