What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here I go to stock 5.0.1...will miss you jb 4.3.3 :(

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone managed to solve the iBooks error message appearing on the untethered v5.0.1 jailbreak?

I am using the iPad 1 and am encountering this problem. First iBooks will simply crash. Next I tried the ibooksfix2
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. No promotion of repos which promote piracy!
and the sbssettings (reset user permissions) and now I am facing the error message from iBooks "There is a problem with the configuration of your iPad. Please restore with iTunes or redownload iBooks".

Anyone managed to solve this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried the
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. No promotion of repos which promote piracy!
and still no joy. Anyone with any ideas?

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kerean said:
Anyone managed to solve the iBooks error message appearing on the untethered v5.0.1 jailbreak?

I am using the iPad 1 and am encountering this problem. First iBooks will simply crash. Next I tried the ibooksfix2 and the sbssettings (reset user permissions) and now I am facing the error message from iBooks "There is a problem with the configuration of your iPad. Please restore with iTunes or redownload iBooks".

Anyone managed to solve this?

You had to reinstall iBooks app and don't start it previous to use ibookfix2. Try to reinstall iBooks from AppStore and use ibookfix2 again (do not open iBooks before using ibookfix2). If it'll not help then firstly remove iBooks.app folder from /Applications (not /var/mobile/Applications) folder manually before using ibookfix2.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
You will eventually be rewarded for it. :)

Hopefully soon...I am missing it already. I have to say though that the restore was worth. My ipad is now flying! I had not noted how solw it had become.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, the speed boost was really obvious to me too after upgrading. I sure do miss not being locked out of my own device again though. Sometimes the frustration of this cat and mouse game really makes me wish for more compelling alternatives.

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the iPad 2 jb on 5.0.1 is coming out soon I have so much newbie questions. :)

I have saved SHSHs from 4.3.5 - 5.0b1 onwards on TU v5.10.03, now those this mean I can go back to 5.0.1 anytime even if Apple stops sigin 5.0.1 incase of a crash or is the saved SHSHs still worthless ?

Last edited:

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pjon said:
Since the iPad 2 jb on 5.0.1 is coming out soon I have so much newbie questions. :)

I have saved SHSHs from 4.3.5 - 5.0b1 onwards on TU v5.10.03, now those this mean I can go back to 5.0.1 anytime even if Apple stops sigin 5.0.1 incase of a crash or is the saved SHSHs still worthless ?
Worthless as it stands now

This has been mentioned numerous times so a little searching would help

redrockdezigns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for this info sir. it helps me a lot to understand about shsh blobs. Currently I'm in 4.3.3 and i like this version so far. I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 but still no jailbreak so i guess i will wait for it. Thanks again :)

Most reactions

Latest posts