What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS5 Jailbreak Strategy Guide

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what might be some more good news, and i didn't see any official announcement!!!

i noticed when i launched Cydia tonight, 5.0.1 SHSH, joined my other SHSH blobs on the list(at the top...green).

does this mean they will be officially supported afterall?

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A4 untethered is out and pod2g stated not to update any device to 5.0.2 Still waiting on word if A5 device is a go...also, assume this means 5.0.1 is safe for all?

Update: The A4 untethered only works on 5.0.1 We really need him to advise A5 users...

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best advice for those with iPad2s (and iPhone 4Ss) is to sit tight; in the absence of news that relates to your specific device, the best advice is to do nothing.

It all goes back to the best thing I've heard about jail breaking: Until/unless a jailbreak is officially released for your device, do not upgrade. The corollary is: Only upgrade IF you've been told by the jail breaking community to do so.

IOW, hang in there! We'll keep monitoring the news to keep track of what's happening (as, I am sure, all of you are).

Please .... patience. Thanks.

Marilyn

boyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was looking to know what benefits you get from jail breaking apple tv 2? Firmware currently on 4.4.2, can that be jail broken?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those that is already jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 tethered(without semi-tether installed), can just download Corona from cydia, to get the untether jailbreak working, without the need of using a computer.
if you did however installed the semi-tether, you need to do a fresh restore to 5.0.1 first with iTunes.

if you are already on iOS 5.0.1, not jailbroken.....just use redsnow to jailbreak(no iTunes needed).

there is pwnagetool too if you use that.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So my iPad2 should stay at 5.0? @pod2g's A4 jailbreak is for 5.0.1... So.... What to do?

Ah, Rudy, that's the problem. No one knows. Again, generally, the "rule" is to stay put until notified otherwise (which is the theory I'm operating under, in that my iPhone 4S is at iOS 5.0, despite that stooooopid red dot!).

For now, I'd recommend staying where you are - mainly because we don't know. It'll get a bit sticky (and scarier) when we hear about the release of 5.1, but until then ... we wait.

Yeah, not reassuring, but that's all I've got! :D

Marilyn

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Ah, Rudy, that's the problem. No one knows. Again, generally, the "rule" is to stay put until notified otherwise (which is the theory I'm operating under, in that my iPhone 4S is at iOS 5.0, despite that stooooopid red dot!).

For now, I'd recommend staying where you are - mainly because we don't know. It'll get a bit sticky (and scarier) when we hear about the release of 5.1, but until then ... we wait.

Yeah, not reassuring, but that's all I've got! :D

Marilyn

Hmmm... I hope the next firmware update won't be out too soon, otherwise iPad2 and iPhone 4S users will stay without jailbroken devices. :(

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know. I hope this doesn't happen. I've been on 5.0 since I heard about it here and I've been waiting for the JB. I want to JB my iPad2 so bad. It was fun having a JB iPad1.
So many good and useful apps that you don't see everyday in the App store. It was like finding a buried treasure chest.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont see them leaving ipda 2 and iphone 4s owners without a jb. We are already a hughe markey for developers of apps not available on the apple app store.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've updated the first post with a more simplified strategy in light of recent releases and news... ;)

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I've updated the first post with a more simplified strategy in light of recent releases and news... ;)
Great work f4780y

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
As ever, precise, clear and to the point!!

Just what we need to read during these times of confusing choices. This is one of the many reasons why this is the best iPad forum on the world wide web!

Chris

p.s I have a feeling my signature will be changing in the next few hours from Jailbroken to Stock......for now!

Most reactions

Latest posts