What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 8.1 is still being signed on all devices that support it. Download the IPSW, DFU the iPad, Shift/Command Click the Restore button on iTunes.
Thanks!! Updated to iOS without any problems. PANGU jb worked as well.

Sent from my SM-N910C

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good morning
IOS 8.1.1 has been jailbroken by the Chinese team TaiG, it is currently available only in Chinese But there is a video available on idownloadblog.com which shows it being installed on an iPhone. Looks like the devs are going to be busy this weekend working on tweaks. Is this a record for the fastest jailbreak?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The driving force of iOS 8.1.1 upgrades was for a wifi fix, which wasn't implemented for all devices since majority of users still experience the wifi issue with 8.1.1 among other things, so even with it jailbroken, it's no different from jailbreaking iOS 8.1. And because 8.1 is still being signed, there's no practicality in jailbreaking iOS 8.1.1. That and TaiG doesn't exactly have the shiniest of reputations with legality, and the resources used are sketchy at best.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is the fix mentioned for jailbroken devices. You have to give up AirDrop and Direct AirPlay; which is probably a lot less painful than slow wi-fi. Fortunately for me, I'm not experiencing this problem. Probably because I'm on an Apple router, and don't have a compatible iMac.

WiFried: iOS 8 WiFi Issue

Here is the part relevant to iOS 8.

How often do you actually use AirDrop or play games with a nearby device or do AirPlay directly to another device (where you’re not connected to the same WiFi)? I’ve used AirDrop once. It was cool, I enjoyed it, but not worth the WiFi issues it’s causing.

I’ve created a disable feature and conveniently located it in the AirDrop menu located in the Control Center. If you’re jailbroken, you can pick this up in Cydia for free. It’s called “WiFried”.

WiFried will allow you to enable/disable your D2DWiFi/AWDL and can be conveniently turned off/on under the AirDrop settings in Control Center.

A fix for iOS WiFi
https://github.com/mariociabarra/wifried

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The driving force of iOS 8.1.1 upgrades was for a wifi fix, which wasn't implemented for all devices since majority of users still experience the wifi issue with 8.1.1 among other things, so even with it jailbroken, it's no different from jailbreaking iOS 8.1. And because 8.1 is still being signed, there's no practicality in jailbreaking iOS 8.1.1. That and TaiG doesn't exactly have the shiniest of reputations with legality, and the resources used are sketchy at best.
It makes sense for ipad2 users. Because 8.1.1 fixes ipad2 performance issues which were introduced in 8.1

Sent from my SM-N910C

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No news from those chinese guys?

Sent from my SM-N910C

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK so I decided to go to 8.1.1 and re jailbreak (don't ask). The TiaG jailbreak went flawlessly, my Pad seems more responsive and battery life seems slightly better over Pangu. I don't use a lot of tweaks but everything I do use is working well so far. Also boot times are much improved.

English website: http://www.taig.com/en/

Last edited:

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
An English version, too! Excellent! :)

PS: Jailbreak of an old iPhone 4s worked without a hitch. The whole process seemed a lot faster than with Pangu.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TaiG 1.1.0 has been released, the website claims that they have a jailbreak for iOS 8.2 completed but it is not yet implemented in the current release and since 8.2 is still on the horizon that sounds like a good idea. I am still very pleased with the TaiG JB and it still seems slightly better than the Pangu IMHO YMMV.

BTW: it is recommended that if you are on an earlier version of TaiG that you update to this one, it resolves some sandboxing issues, you'll need to add the TaiG repo to Cydia and download and install the update. Instructions can be found on idownloadblog.com.

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is.

But, now that doesn't matter. I was opening this thread to post that TaiG has released an updated version of their tool - and it jailbreaks iOS 8.1.2.

So, I recommend you go ahead and upgrade to iOS 8.1.2 and jailbreak that.

You can still put iOS 8.1.1 onto your iPad, but with the newest iOS being jailbreakable, I'd go with that.

The first post has been updated to reflect this news.

Marilyn

Most reactions