What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.1 is out...

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that they will find a jailbreak for that one, too. :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.1 is out...

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that they will find a jailbreak for that one, too. :)

With the incentive that Pangu has, they've probably found exploits already. But as for actually releasing it, that would depend on bugs present on 8.1.1. But it's been announced weeks ago that 8.1.1 patches the Pangu exploits, so those that didn't make the jump once the window closes have it out for themselves.

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello there willerz2
How are you ...? Quick question for you, ?
Now that Apple's new latest 8.1 is patiently waiting with the constant annoying red badge app glaring at me as to suggest update me now ,
Before I do was wondering if I jailbreak in 8.1 can I expect the same
In performance As jail b. 7. . And if pangu has worked out for jail b.
For 8.0 and I've went to 8.1 will there be any real problems there

. No hurry , thanks cool daddy willerz2
. MANIMAL

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello there willerz2
How are you ...? Quick question for you, ?
Now that Apple's new latest 8.1 is patiently waiting with the constant annoying red badge app glaring at me as to suggest update me now ,
Before I do was wondering if I jailbreak in 8.1 can I expect the same
In performance As jail b. 7. . And if pangu has worked out for jail b.
For 8.0 and I've went to 8.1 will there be any real problems there

. No hurry , thanks cool daddy willerz2
. MANIMAL

Personally, if I had the option to go back to iOS 7, I would considering iOS 7 is completely ironed out. Third party keyboards via the AppStore are far from usable for me, so there isn't an incentive for me to actually use iOS 8 aside from the fact that my devices are on iOS 8, so I would say stay with iOS 7.

In terms of stability, iOS 8 is fairly ironed out. There needs to be a patch released to resolve the wifi issue that some users are experiencing on 8.1 by patch developers, but that should come shortly. Your setup on iOS 7 may or may not translate to iOS 8, but you can check for compatibility in Cydia for the package's changelogs, or if you want to sift through them faster, you can check them out here by entering the package name and see if it's been updated recently for support.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand -- has he upgraded to iOS 8.1 already? Because if he hasn't, and iOS 8.1.1 is the only one being signed at this point, the whole discussion is kind of for naught...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand -- has he upgraded to iOS 8.1 already? Because if he hasn't, and iOS 8.1.1 is the only one being signed at this point, the whole discussion is kind of for naught...
At the moment, it's still possible to revert to iOS 8.1, if the iPad is up to date.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

iOS 8.1 and 8.1.1 are both being signed right this moment,

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@Mickey330 Marilyn, here's a slightly more descriptive iOS 8 compatibility list, great for users that have the MS Excel app where they can cache/save the spreadsheet for referencing as well. Viewers on browsers may receive a intermediate page stating that you're being redirected to another page outside of iPadForum's control, and will display the link to the page. Feel free to scan the link for those that do so with unknown links, but in short, it opens up to Excel Live Online, or if you have the MS Excel app, I believe it opens directly (or asks if you want to open it) in the MS Excel app if applicable.

Users on Tapatalk may or may not have issues with opening the link, again, depending on whether you have the Excel app. I don't currently have a device to test out whether it opens in the Excel app or not, but with the recent changes to Excel it should.

[Credits to GiantSpeck]
Update: GiantSpeck also made a Google Docs version, I'll include that below and reiterate the Excel link

Excel || Google Docs

Last edited:

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you willerz2! Ummm I will stay 7.0 simply for its working in hu huhuh.
But in the 8.0 if I were to up it and once. The software us updated I wouldn't be able to go back to 7.0! Correct me if im wrong . But once. Jail break 8.0 is up and I've
(anyone)went to 8.1 is this essentiallysame .... ? I sometimes wonder if a lot of some of the problems in jailbreak is not jailbreaks but perhaps Apple

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh by the way Apple's ,three party key boards are the worse and I have give in and the native is far better with less than others with more!!!!
Thank you willerz2! Ummm I will stay 7.0 simply for its working in hu huhuh.
But in the 8.0 if I were to up it and once. The software us updated I wouldn't be able to go back to 7.0! Correct me if im wrong . But once. Jail break 8.0 is up and I've
(anyone)went to 8.1 is this essentiallysame .... ? I sometimes wonder if a lot of some of the problems in jailbreak is not jailbreaks but perhaps Apple

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There aren't any major issues with iOS 8 and Pangu8. The wifi issue only affects a portion of the iOS 8 users, others don't experience the same wifi issue. As for the other questions, I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn, here's a slightly more descriptive iOS 8 compatibility list, great for users that have the MS Excel app where they can cache/save the spreadsheet for referencing as well... [snip to save repetition] ...

Awesome find, willerz2, thanks. I've updated the first thread to have these links (which, of course, I stole from your post... :D).

And, that's a sweet product that GiantSpeck made. I've bookmarked it for sure...

Marilyn

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is Apple still signing 8.1? I have iPad3 with iOS 5.1.1. Can I install 8.1?

iPad3 ios5.1.1 is jailbroken at the moment.

What are my options?

Sent from my SM-N910C

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is Apple still signing 8.1? I have iPad3 with iOS 5.1.1. Can I install 8.1?

iPad3 ios5.1.1 is jailbroken at the moment.

What are my options?

Sent from my SM-N910C

iOS 8.1 is still being signed on all devices that support it. Download the IPSW, DFU the iPad, Shift/Command Click the Restore button on iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts