What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 - Opinion... likes, dislikes, glitches (solutions?)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't reset it so far, then do it now, perhaps more often than just once: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

auntymaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you didn't reset it so far, then do it now, perhaps more often than just once: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.
Thanks a lot, I will try that. Most helpful

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I will try that. Most helpful
I really hope it will help.

If this doesn't solve your problems, you should do as advised by @Mickey330 in a different thread, and restore your iPad. You'll need a computer, if you don't have one of them at home, maybe at work, or a friend's or family member's computer.

evan clarke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE THE PHOTOS SETUP AND THE LOSS OF THE CAMERA ROLL. PROGRAMMER IDEAS, NOT USER IDEAS AT WORK

Dogsandroses

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what to do to view videos posted on FB. I did the update and the fix. I have restarted, rebooted, and restored many times. Also, I have a grid on my screen where icons used to be.? So frustrated.
I have a two year old iPad wifi . Help, please.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know about the videos, but the grids icons are the Safari shortcuts you've saved to the home screen. In some cases visiting the site by tapping on the icon will fix it.

In others, the site has probalby stopped supplying the icon resource. You'll need to visit the site, create a new home screen shortcut, then delete the old one. If the site isn't supplying an icon resource you'll end up with a 'probably' ugly thumbnail of the site.

M

moparherb

I like the bookmark icon on the left side like old days but when you click on one of your bookmarks I think the drop down box should disappear. It seems like a waste of keystrokes to have to go back up to the bookmark icon to close the drop down box. Just my opinion.

M

moparherb

Amazon does not make it disappear on my iPad but thanks for the info...maybe it will be changed in a later version. To me it is annoying but probably to some it is fine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an example what happens on my iPad:
The German Amazon site makes it disappear, the UK site doesn't. As soon as I open the UK amazon site, all the others also that made it disappear before, don't remove it. I have to clear history and website data in Settings - Safari, to make it work again.

OP
J

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few days on still & after the 8.02 update I eventually went onto a live chat with Apple Support & reported all my "bugs" officially. At least that way they get documented by Apple's Dev team & will hopefully get fixed.

I have to say I get virtually no bugs on the iPhone 5c - only on my iPad 3.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dislikes:
The inscrutable photos app. Where oh where is photostream? How do I delete a photo on the stream but keep it on the device That took the photo?

What bozo swapped the actions icon and the bookmarks icon on safari? What was the point?

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Four irritating glitches with iOS8.0/iOS8.0.2 so far, but no solutions yet - at least from me!

1) frequent swipe and other freezes, some self-resolving after a period and others requiring a reset. Bizarrely one of the freezes regularly happens at around 0100 BST/0000 GMT/UTC and I cannot conceive of why that happens;

2) periodic self-resets by the iPad all on its own (without me touching it!);

3) inconsistency at backing up, and often not backing up, to iCloud when connected to power and locked;

4) pop up reminder every couple of hours that there is no SIM card on board. Its bad enough having this every boot time, but am I really so senile that Apple need to remind me so often?

As you may have gathered, I have often reset, both deliberately and by magic, to no avail.

Would a restore resolve this or would I merely be restoring the same irritating problems?

Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

Latest posts