What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 on iPad 3 - What is your opinion

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody

What is the forum members' opinion on updating iPad 3 to iOS 8 ?

Google search reveals slowing down the iPad. Slowing down mean exactly what? Is it boot up time or is it in opening apps?

I am using 5 painting apps which includes the following:

Artrage for iPad: This is already slow on iPad 3 but good on iPad 4. The brush strokes appear about 1/2 a second after I do the stroke. This itself slows down the painting process and feels very unnatural if strokes appeared later than you did it. Would slowing of iOS 8 means that my brush strokes would be still slower?

Other apps like InspirePro , Tayasuki Sketches, Procreate, Brushes, etc. do not suffer in iPad 3 with iOS 7.1.2.

I just want an opinion from you, the experienced people, if it is advisable for me to update to iOS 8. None of the new features of iOS 8 interest me (if it worked on iPad 3).

Thanks in advance
PRSS

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no comment until all the apps you mentioned are upgraded to support ios 8. I had issues with "Boxer" email client virtually unusable. However today the update down loaded and bingo better than before. So be patient. Ok. If concerned email the developer

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't updated it yet? Do it! Don't read about stuff from all those nervous Nellies. Apple have given you the latest and the best, so just go ahead and do it! Enjoy your iPad and don't sweat the small stuff. iOS 7xx was yesterday. Enjoy your iPad of today.
Andrew

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your replies.
Best regards
PRSS

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You'll find another thread in the iOS 8 section specific to the iPad 3. I've posted in more detail there, but my 16gb iPad3 is fine with 8 :)

OP
PRSS

PRSS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you janner43, I found and read your post.
Best regards
PRSS

Most reactions