What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.1.2 Jailbreak with Find My iPad on

chrishuff1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For starters, TaiG isn't working. Tells me there's an anomaly with the apple drivers. I've reinstalled several times but it's not working.

Question is, can I do an update to 9.3.1 using iTunes WITHOUT needing to activate after the update? I know if I do a restore I'll have to but wasn't sure on updating. I bought the iPad used but am able to get into it without problems but I'd like to wipe it out and start fresh. I did it with a previous iPad but couldn't remember if I jailbroke first to or updated first...

Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For starters, TaiG isn't working. Tells me there's an anomaly with the apple drivers. I've reinstalled several times but it's not working.

Question is, can I do an update to 9.3.1 using iTunes WITHOUT needing to activate after the update? I know if I do a restore I'll have to but wasn't sure on updating. I bought the iPad used but am able to get into it without problems but I'd like to wipe it out and start fresh. I did it with a previous iPad but couldn't remember if I jailbroke first to or updated first...

Thanks!
Updating through iTunes will erase your iPad so back it up before proceeding. You can then set it up from the backup. This will get rid of your jailbreak and iOS 9.3.1 currently has no available jailbreak. In addition, you have to turn off Find My iPad before starting.

If you want to set it up as a new iPad, don't use the backup and choose to set it up as a new iPad when given the choice.

OP
C

chrishuff1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updating through iTunes will erase your iPad so back it up before proceeding. You can then set it up from the backup. This will get rid of your jailbreak and iOS 9.3.1 currently has no available jailbreak. In addition, you have to turn off Find My iPad before starting.

If you want to set it up as a new iPad, don't use the backup and choose to set it up as a new iPad when given the choice.

This isn't telling me anything I don't know...

The iPad I have is iCloud locked, or rather I don't know the password to the iCloud account so any restore could totally lock me out whereas I AM still able to use it now.

On a previous iPad that was running iOS 7, I was able to use evasi0n and jailbreak it, remove the iCloud account and then install iOS 9.3.1 and put in MY iCloud and continue on my merry way. Since I can't get TaiG to work I'm guessing I should either upgrade to 9.0 or downgrade to 7 to be able to use a tool to get rid of the iCloud account...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't telling me anything I don't know...

The iPad I have is iCloud locked, or rather I don't know the password to the iCloud account so any restore could totally lock me out whereas I AM still able to use it now.

On a previous iPad that was running iOS 7, I was able to use evasi0n and jailbreak it, remove the iCloud account and then install iOS 9.3.1 and put in MY iCloud and continue on my merry way. Since I can't get TaiG to work I'm guessing I should either upgrade to 9.0 or downgrade to 7 to be able to use a tool to get rid of the iCloud account...
I'm afraid that there's no tool that you can use to bypass or disable iCloud Activation Lock. The only solution is to enter the iCloud ID and password of the original owner. Also, you cannot upgrade to iOS 9.0 or downgrade to iOS 7 as those iOS versions are no longer being signed by Apple.

OP
C

chrishuff1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that there's no tool that you can use to bypass or disable iCloud Activation Lock. The only solution is to enter the iCloud ID and password of the original owner. Also, you cannot upgrade to iOS 9.0 or downgrade to iOS 7 as those iOS versions are no longer being signed by Apple.

Sure you can. I just explained it. It was iOS 7, I used evasi0n to jail break it, installed iFile or something like that from Cydia and deleted 4 files, rebooted the iPad and the iCloud account had been removed allowing me to add my own. I added mine, rebooted, then removed it. Checked the serial number via   and it said it was off (previously said it was ON), so I proceeded to upgrade to 9.3.1 with no activation issues.

I suspect I can do the same with 8.1.2 if I could find a working jailbreak tool

OP
C

chrishuff1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha, nevermind, got super lucky on this one. The iCloud account was setup as the email account so I was able to reset the password :)

Most reactions

Latest posts