What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 problems

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Got it, Thanks. Boy that was my dumbest question yet.

Used to be you could swipe in either direction to get the delete option, so you're excused. ;)

They probably removed the right swipe gesture so that it does not get confused with swiping right (from the edge of the screen) to go back a level in the mailboxes/folders.

Zoix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do NOT do it!! If you have multi devices; do it on the least important. I tried it on my IPad and my 13 year old loved it and did the same on her old phone a 4s (yes I'm one of those) We both agreed that it was way to juvenile for my iPhone and I'm so relieved I didn't!!!! My update items on the IPad are so slow, while my non-updated I5 phone zips along fast as ever and never crashes.
The only thing that crashes more than IOS 7 is it's recent update. Did I mention it's Juviniel? That was out of my 13 year old mouth!!!

Zoix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't go there yet!!!

Hi Mike......I haven't upgraded as yet, but I can see many are not very happy with that glaring white background.

Have a look at this thread, Twerppoet has an interesting post here (no. 94 in the thread). A wallpaper may help you. If you go down to his next post (no, 97) he has included a link also.
http://www.ipadforums.net/apple-ipad-news/113885-ios-7-now-available-download-4.html

Also doing a reset of your iPad may just help also if you are experiencing problems....it's a good idea after any update

Hope it helps! :).

PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!! PLEASE READ PAGE 17FOR FULL OPINION! Please wait for a couple fixes. I did it on my IPad and my teenage daughter seems to like it but my IPad games crash constantly and unless you are a kid; you will hate the graphics . Bottom line; don't fix it if it's not broken and if you are a man; you are going to look like a little girl(again, out of the mouthes of a house full of Tweens)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!! PLEASE READ PAGE 17FOR FULL OPINION! Please wait for a couple fixes. I did it on my IPad and my teenage daughter seems to like it but my IPad games crash constantly and unless you are a kid; you will hate the graphics . Bottom line; don't fix it if it's not broken and if you are a man; you are going to look like a little girl(again, out of the mouthes of a house full of Tweens)

Lol.....too late, I did do it! And I like it! ;)

I updated my mini and my iPhone 5 but I still have OS6 on my iPad 2, so I can do comparisons with what has changed......just may jailbreak my ipad 2 which is why I haven't updated this one.

I only play 2 games and after a small hiccup, they are fine too. Apps also need to be updated to run on the new platform and the Devs of these games finally got it right.
Maybe your games need another update to get them running properly too.

A reset of your iPad after any update is also a good idea, just to allow everything to settle in nicely.

I have 3 daughters and they all love it also......

Thanks for your concern though! ;)

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol.....too late, I did do it! And I like it! ;)

I updated my mini and my iPhone 5 but I still have OS6 on my iPad 2, so I can do comparisons with what has changed......just may jailbreak my ipad 2 which is why I haven't updated this one.

I only play 2 games and after a small hiccup, they are fine too. Apps also need to be updated to run on the new platform and the Devs of these games finally got it right.
Maybe your games need another update to get them running properly too.

A reset of your iPad after any update is also a good idea, just to allow everything to settle in nicely.

I have 3 daughters and they all love it also......

Thanks for your concern though! ;)

Hey,

It seems that the iOS 7 seems to be more battery hunger than iOS 6.

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well let's see how many experience battery problems with iOS7.

I get another problem these days. When i lock the auto-rotation using the button in taskbar ( which pops up when i swipe single finger up), then when i unlock it later, the screen doesn't rotate. For some days, if i open some app and close then the screen rotates. But since now its not working.

Help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get another problem these days. When i lock the auto-rotation using the button in taskbar ( which pops up when i swipe single finger up), then when i unlock it later, the screen doesn't rotate. For some days, if i open some app and close then the screen rotates. But since now its not working. Help
Did you already reset your iPad? ( Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.)

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you already reset your iPad? ( Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.)

Yes, just today i reset, but still same and a bit more. Regarding the auto rotation.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, just today i reset, but still same and a bit more. Regarding the auto rotation.
What is your side switch set up to? (Settings - General - Use Side Switch To)

You could also try a restart (turn off, wait for a while, turn on again)

Most reactions