What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 - first impressions

Domen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I updated my iPad mini to iOS 7... And I dont like it very much because of the lag. Rotating the screen and closing apps is not nearly as smooth as it was on iOS 6. I really hope that they'll fix this. And everything looks more pixelated :(

How do you like iOS on iPad mini?

Last edited:

wildmangk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im liking it so far, hopefully the app developers can update the look of the app badge to look fluid like all the apple apps. Very clean feel to it. I miss having the weather icons on the notifications menu though

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got it going, meh it's ok not blowing me away but I will mess around with it maybe it will grow on me...icons etc look too generic to me

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 7 reviews and first impressions!

Hello Ipaders :rolleyes:
To those who updates their ipads to IOS 7 please give your first impressions and reviews! I wanna know if there is a change in the battery life, I heard it drains quicker with IOS 7, or is it the same! plus an important thing is whether 25pp works just fine with IOS 7 as it does on 6??

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated iPad mini no problems at all have not notice any battery drain maybe because I'm still using my still wallpaper instead of the animated one.
All apps run fine, I like that iPhone apps look beautiful,full screen with sharp text and graphics.

Now my Redbox app and NBCNews app look beautiful.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updated a few minutes ago. My first impression is wow. I really like the new keyboard. Have always used a stylus, but I may give it up. Keys seem bigger. Took maybe six attempts, but it was seamless. I like the new look.

Oh and I just noticed the clock icon actually is displaying current time.

Last edited:

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout iPhone apps like NBCNews or Redbox they look fantastic sharp text and they run in 2x screen size

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mini is taking forever to update. Updated an iPad 4, and iPad 3, and iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 and the mini still has hours to go. Wonder why?

SocalMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I know why Moderator edit: irrelevant comment, adding nothing to the thread, excised. You may care to ponder over Rule 3

Last edited by a moderator:

rickw717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took 5 or 6 times to finally get it, but I love it. Much better than the old version. Can't wait to get my 5s.

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to run smooth except when changing wallpaper noticed a slight hesitation everything else seems to be fast

Firefly42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad with Retina upgraded for a few hours now and it's definitely going to take some getting used to.

So far, my favorite thing is the quick access to the Control Center.
The way the Photos app groups your photos is strange but not intolerable.
The clock app shows the current time now, which is very nice.
If using a passcode I find it much easier to type in your code correctly since there are big numerical buttons instead of the smaller squares.
As far as the battery life, I can't speak to that yet but will be interesting to monitor that to see exactly what happens.

Some things I don't care for:
1. The pre-loaded icons are pretty but don't mesh well with the "old" look of my other icons such as Twitter and Facebook. Makes my homepage look a bit more messy and less uniform than I prefer.
2. Don't care for the way the icons "wiggle" or "float" when holding the iPad. While rocking in my rocker-recliner the icons rock with me. Very weird and distracting to me.
3. Don't care for the bright white color on the Contacts, Notes, Reminders and Calendar apps when open. Will be very eye-straining I fear. I tried dimming the overall brightness and that helped a tad but still not great.
4. Don't care for the small, thin font used for the icons and the white color makes it very hard to read, depending on your background photo.

So all in all, nothing spectacular but nothing I absolutely hate. I'll get used to it and will be completely fine with the changes in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts