What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 update.problems

Mustafa Shah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
You Tube is no longer a native app on the iOS6 update, but it can be downloaded from the app store.

Hello Rambler ..... Just installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. Everything went fine. Except for my email. I have configured 2 POP accounts beside an hotmail & yahoo account. After iOS 6 upgrade, I lost all of my POP account email in the INBOX folder. While the emails in SENT folders are intact. Anybody facing same problem ..... One more thing ,,, new emails are being downloaded to POP accounts INBOX.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After updating to iOS 6, my iPad still requires that I input my password every time when updating previously purchased apps or downloading free apps. My iPhone, on the other hand, doesn't require my password under the same circumstances.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After updating to iOS 6, my iPad still requires that I input my password every time when updating previously purchased apps or downloading free apps. My iPhone, on the other hand, doesn't require my password under the same circumstances.
Interesting. So it's not just my iPad.

r0gue428

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't open my App Store :( help pls? Since I updated it to ios6... My iPhone though is working fine.....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hank1985 said:
I don't own an iPad. App Store keeps crashing on me. Has this happening you you all too

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

So I guess you have an iPhone? We do have a sister site called iPhone Forum and I will attach a link below.
http://www.iphoneforums.net/

Try closing the app store app completely and relaunch and see if that makes a difference
From the home screen double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly, let us know if this makes a difference.

CassieLee91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhhhh I am having soooooo many issues with my app store - I don't have to re-enter my password, but it won't download anything - I've gone to update apps but they're not finishing updating - they're still "waiting", so I can't use any of them!!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CassieLee91 said:
Ahhhhh I am having soooooo many issues with my app store - I don't have to re-enter my password, but it won't download anything - I've gone to update apps but they're not finishing updating - they're still "waiting", so I can't use any of them!!!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you done any iTune downloads recently? Have a look to see if there are any pending downloads in the iTunes app, if there are just swipe to bring up delete and your updates should then load....let us know if this helps you.

Prasanna.kota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 it has been running terrible. The pages are loading up slow in safari and sometimes will not load at all. The page freezes. This happens sometimes when I go to the App Store as well. Sometimes the page is blank and other times the apps are there. I am not happy with this update at all. It feels like I am running windows. I thought this crap didn't happen to apple products. I was thinking about buying a MacBook but after this I am not so sure. Is this happening to anyone else. Thanks

Hi, were you able to get over the problem? I am as well facing same problems after my upgrade to ios6 on my ipad2. I saw similar problems reported in multiple forums but nowhere could find a solution. With this upgrade iPad has become almost unusable for browsing. Any help or pointers for resolution are most welcome

Regards

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prasanna.kota said:
Hi, were you able to get over the problem? I am as well facing same problems after my upgrade to ios6 on my ipad2. I saw similar problems reported in multiple forums but nowhere could find a solution. With this upgrade iPad has become almost unusable for browsing. Any help or pointers for resolution are most welcome

Regards

Check out this thread to see if it helps http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-forum/94433-laggy-after-ios-6-upgrade.html#post709384

The Archangel

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tis odd as I was having these lag issues also but I was jailbroken and running iOS 5.something. I had a post in the hacking section but never heard back. I just updated to iOS 6.0.1 (un-jailbroke) yesterday, 11/02/12, and I don't realize the same amount of lagginess now. Cheers, Dan

Paula17071

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I opened my Ipad last night there was an update available - IOS 6. Stupidly, I said yes, do the update. My Ipad has been "configuring" since last night, yes, that is 24 hrs. I cannot stop it, shutting it down doesn't stop it, when I open it back up the 'configuring' starts again. I don't have an antivirus on it, and I couldn't get to it to turn it off if I did. What do I do now???

Last edited:
OP
H

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Prasanna.kota said:

Regards

If is still slow. Sometimes stuff still does not load and sometimes when I tap on something I have to tap it more than a couple of times especially when going to the iTunes Store, etc. I just wished I never downloaded the latest version.

Most reactions