What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 update.problems

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 it has been running terrible. The pages are loading up slow in safari and sometimes will not load at all. The page freezes. This happens sometimes when I go to the App Store as well. Sometimes the page is blank and other times the apps are there. I am not happy with this update at all. It feels like I am running windows. I thought this crap didn't happen to apple products. I was thinking about buying a MacBook but after this I am not so sure. Is this happening to anyone else. Thanks

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ever since I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 6 it has been running terrible. The pages are loading up slow in safari and sometimes will not load at all. The page freezes. This happens sometimes when I go to the App Store as well. Sometimes the page is blank and other times the apps are there. I am not happy with this update at all. It feels like I am running windows. I thought this crap didn't happen to apple products. I was thinking about buying a MacBook but after this I am not so sure. Is this happening to anyone else. Thanks

Sorry this is happening to you it tells me not to install the new Apple OS on iPhone or iPad2. About the Apple Mac books they are a different OS and I have not had a single problem with my Mac Book Pro since updating to the new OS ML. I don't know what go's into the quality of the iPad's and iPhone's OS but it seems it's not the same as it is for the Mac's.

KPREY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same thing. Also, Atomic browser no longer has any apps listed when you download something and select "open in external app".

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
High201 said:

I agree, browsing is frustratingly slow since ios6

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated and everything seems to be running ok.... Touch wood

Jetmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad last night and the YouTube app is gone. What gives with that? Besides the maps issue, Everything else is running ok.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
iTunes is no longer a native app on the iOS6 update, but it can be downloaded from the app store.

Opps, my buddy, TheRambler, meant to say: "Youtube" not iTunes...

Yaharalady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not able to use maps. Nothing loads. However when I checked my general settings it appears I do not have IOS 6 update. How do I update to 6?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am having issues with the App Store. I thought that in iOS 6, you will no longer have to enter your password to download app updates. Guess what? Now I have to type in my password or EVERY SINGLE STUPID UPDATE. Why is this happening?

Last edited:

Dshyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS6 Update PROBLEMS

Yup! I should have never updated. Safari does not load properly, it keeps saying the server is not responding. YouTube app is gone but I found its replacement in the bookmark area. Except that it has my favourites in number form not title form as before. I am too the point of either driving over my iPad or resetting it to factory settings and starting over. Thanks Apple Engineers. I hope you get a old bound for this screw up.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate the new app store!!!

OMG! After I download a bunch of updates, it asks for my password OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER... If I hit the cancel button, it pops up a few more times, then cancels a few updates! I can never manage I get that Yelp update installed... :mad:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
OMG! After I download a bunch of updates, it asks for my password OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER... If I hit the cancel button, it pops up a few more times, then cancels a few updates! I can never manage I get that Yelp update installed... :mad:

Wow! This hasn't happened to me. Have you done a reset (hold home button and sleep button until the apple appears)? Or do you have restrictions on? I don't know what other setting might be needing to be changed.
As a matter of fact I've been enjoying not needing to enter my password for updates, and I did a reset almost as soon as I updated.
Wouldn't it be nice to have written instructions?

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! This hasn't happened to me. Have you done a reset (hold home button and sleep button until the apple appears)? Or do you have restrictions on? I don't know what other setting might be needing to be changed.
As a matter of fact I've been enjoying not needing to enter my password for updates, and I did a reset almost as soon as I updated.
Wouldn't it be nice to have written instructions?
I think I've resolved the part about typing it in over and over and over... That only happens when I exit to the home screen. That doesn't happen if I stay I the App Store app until the updates are done. But I still have to enter my password to download updates :( I'll try a restart.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screenshot:

image-3383980933.jpg

Most reactions