What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see wireless syncing for iTunes through AirPlay or something.

FREE MY iPAD2 

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kpconnect said:
I've had my iPad for two weeks now, and an email widget would be nice. Flash isn't necessary, but it would be nice to have a toggle switch for flash for advanced users. Multitouch multitasking is a must for me. NOTIFICATIONS: come on apple get this simple thing updated already. Other than that, iOS is great!

If your iPad is Jailbroken, you can get SmartScreen and have an Email widget on your Lockscreen. It has all kinds of cool widgets. I had it when I had an iPad 1. I can't wait to put it on my iPad2 once a Jailbreak is available.

FREE MY iPAD2 

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your iPad is Jailbroken, you can get SmartScreen and have an Email widget on your Lockscreen. It has all kinds of cool widgets. I had it when I had an iPad 1. I can't wait to put it on my iPad2 once a Jailbreak is available.

FREE MY iPAD2 

I'm getting it!

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know how I missed SmartScreen for the iPad! I'll be buying that app today! The iPad lock screen is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. With all of the useful info that could be there, Apple chose to put nothing there??

I use and love LockInfo on my iPhone, but it leaves a little to be desired on the iPad as of now... Here I come SmartScreen!

Thanks for the info...

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Don't know how I missed SmartScreen for the iPad! I'll be buying that app today! The iPad lock screen is the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. With all of the useful info that could be there, Apple chose to put nothing there??

I use and love LockInfo on my iPhone, but it leaves a little to be desired on the iPad as of now... Here I come SmartScreen!

Thanks for the info...

No Problem! It cost 7 bucks but to me it's worth it. You have to add this Cydia repo to get SmartScreen: apt.media-phone.ch/

There is also a free version but you only can use 3 widgets.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I'm getting it!

It's very cool. You can even change the colors to the widgets to make them match your theme or wallpaper! Add this Cydia source: apt.media-phone.ch/

FREE MY iPAD2 

rmm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me there is only feature that I would like to see added : the ability to search MORE than a year back in the Calendar- it would have to be such a simple fix. Come on Apple just do it.

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I monitor a variety of mail accounts and get lots of junk. I would like to have a more efficient method of deleting many consecutive emails.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iphoneglance said:
Most definitely like to see a USB port.

Doubt we will see USB on idevices anytime soon...

That would come in a hardware upgrade...unless the iPad 2 has evolving powers.

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A file manager would be really nice. I needed a better PDF app when I was at school today, but I didn't get it because I didn't have a way to transfer the PDF from iBooks to GoodReader or whatever. Also, if they had a way to send a web page from your computer to your iPad like Chrome to Phonr on Android, I might consider using Safari.

partsmutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best upgrade for iOS 5 would be to dump it and put MacOS on it. Really, most everything being asked for would be easy if the file system wasn't locked down like it is.

Since that'll never happen, how about better memory management. I was dinking around on the Mac and found a mess of Log files generated from the iPad due to Low Memory problems. I think I found them using Image Capture (sorry, no idea where you'd find anything on a winblows box).

Most reactions

Latest posts