What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Since that'll never happen, how about better memory management. I was dinking around on the Mac and found a mess of Log files generated from the iPad due to Low Memory problems. I think I found them using Image Capture (sorry, no idea where you'd find anything on a winblows box)."

That will never happen either. Apple's modus operandi is "Make it easy enough for morons". Customization, ease of file access, wi-fi syncing... these are the stuff intelligent people look for. Morons get lost with too many options. If you want some of these things buy a MacBook, if you want all of these things buy a Windows 7 machine.

As soon as the apps for Honeycomb 3.0 reach critical mass I'm bailing out on iOS... It happened to the Apple Macintosh... their inability to give their users file access, choice and the ability to customize the user experience will be their downfall... Think Different? Think Moron...

ipadzombie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to see a complete overhaul of the iOS interface for iPad. The interface has been the same since the first gen iphone.... and iPad gets nothing more than a larger version of the same interface. Honeycomb is looking better and better.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still recommend the iPad to tech novices, grandmas and grandpas. :)

As the previous poster said, my stock Android device has more freedom than this jailbroken iPad. And the fact that Apple is making it increasingly more difficult to jailbreak... ugh, they are not making it easy to love the iPrison.

I have iPad 1 at the moment... I bought my wife the iPad 2 with expectations that I'd get one too eventually... but now I'm seriously thinking about going with the Motorola Xoom or one of the new Honeycomb Tablets coming out.

If iOS 5 is just more of the same, then I may be out!

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course Apple will never replace iOS with Mac OS X, for lots of reasons. But what about making it more Machish with stuff like Dashboard, a standard file viewer that contains your (fake) homefolder (the real one is available via jailbreaking), QuickTime player, iLife suite, etc.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trumpet444 said:
I completely agree with Malpeli. iOS is waaaaaaay too moron proof. I want to have the option to fk things up. Even after jail breaking my iPad it still pisses me off that my stock android phone is still more open than my jalbroken iPad. And I'll also tell iOS to kiss my arse once the app developer support for android is equal to iOS. There is such a thing as too user friendly but apple will still sell no matter what they do bc the hipsters will buy the trendy item even if it doesn't even power on

Android Devs are saying the same about how Xcode is better than Eclipse. And iOS Devs are saying that Android developing is better than iOS. Really, Devs please don't complain and use what you have unless you can only access 10% of the system.

Sn0w0nS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clock,weather and stocks maybe and a better dock like in mac os x i understand why you can only put 4 icons on the dock on an iphone bet because of the bigger screen on the ipad i think they can make a dock that can have more than six icons and it would be nice if multitasking gets better i hate it to alway dubbel tap the home button.

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
If the 3gs gets iOS5, then iOS5 is going to suck. Its as simple as that.

Yes as the processor would be ancient at that time and the RAM would be too little.

Exactly.

But...iPhone3G got ios4 and that was out for 2 years and when IOS5 is released the 3GS will be out for 2 years.

Also, apple is testing IOS5 on Ipod touch third gen...so iPhone 3GS must be getting IOS5.

RunningIrish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Close all apps

I would really like to see a one touch simple way to close all apps. It's annoying and time consuming to have to double click the home button and shut them down one at a time.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RunningIrish said:
I would really like to see a one touch simple way to close all apps. It's annoying and time consuming to have to double click the home button and shut them down one at a time.

I wish Apple would have put it in Gestures. Where you would swipe fingers down while in the app to delete it from the multitasking bar. I k ow exactly what you mean and I cant wait to jailbreak and install "RemoveBackground". Removes all apps with one touch!

FREE MY iPAD2 

Sperandeo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have the choice of locking certain apps. The iPad is not like an iPhone that you keep in your pocket or purse. People pick it up, want to try it out. I don't like people getting into my personal and business matters.

Locking the entire device is not a solution. I may want to have my son use the device, but don't want him getting into my business apps.

Reaction score
RunningIrish said:

You can always buy XSysInfo.

It let's you close all apps with two touches, open to the app and one to press a button that clears all memory.

One thing to note is, that while XsysInfo does clear all ram and closes all apps, it does not remove the icons from the Multitaskbar. However, it is as if the apps were fully closed. That the icon's can't be removed seems to be a limitation of iOS, but it's just an optical nuisance.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see a notepad. I know there is already an app for that, but a note pad that you can stick on the home screen.
I have a notepad on my screen. It looks like a legal pad and is labeled simply "NOTES". It is very handy and I use it daily.

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would love to see active widgets and animations. I doubt it will happen though as those tend to be battery hogs over time and Apple is all about controlling their environment.

Most reactions