What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Hooray!! iOS 5 is finally here and you can download it now! It seems like we’ve been waiting an eternity, but just as expected, MacRumors reports that Apple has just now made iOS 5 available for download for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. To update, all you have to do is connect your device to iTunes and click on Check for Update, and then you should be up and away! If you haven’t already downloaded iTunes 10.5, then when the pop-up message appears notifying you that new software is available for your device, you’ll first be prompted to install iTunes 10.5. Among some of the many, long-awaited features on offer are the completely revamped notifications system, iMessage, which, now more than ever, is said to be a BlackBerry Messenger killer, Newsstand, Reminders, and full Twitter integration. MacRumors says that iOS 5 has more than 200 new features, and rest assured we will be featuring as many of them as possible over the new few days. Happy downloading!

Source: Apple Releases iOS 5 with Notification Center, iMessage, Twitter, and More - Mac Rumors

iPad765

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened with me sadly! So i just started it again!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rich got it. Other than that I haven't heard any others.

38 minutes remaining on attempt #3.

Martin.D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.martins-photography.com
Downloading but getting an error after extracing prior to update "The iPad "Bla Bla" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3200) any one know hot to remove the download so I can re download and try again?

or any other solution?

kiss12andras

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got themessage: ipad cannot be restored, an internal error occured. What should I do?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look at the 'who will be first to download IOS5 thread. Richsadams has explained error codes. Try again or try later or tomorrow.

Most reactions

Latest posts