What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Is Finally Here!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is Richsadams suggestions

just got the error 'cannot update'. error code 3200 I was in the restore phase when it dumped

Errors 3000-3999 (3002, 3004, 3013, 3014, 3018, 3164, 3194, and so on): Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, an old version of iTunes is installed, an entry in your hosts file redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see error 1004 above), or because of your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues. Error 3014 may indicate that you need to free up more disk space on the computer before trying to restore again. Error 3194 most likely indicates you do not have the latest version of iTunes installed Update to the latest version of iTunes.
Be sure you've upgraded to iTunes 5.0

Some virus protection programs can interfere with updates. If you have virus protection try turning it off.

Generally restarting the process, disconnect your device, shut down iTunes, reconnect your device and click on "Check for Update" will work.

bkreso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
larrylynch53 said:
Took two tries and an hour but now won't restore after backup. aarrgghh....

Me too. I guess it is just everyone is on line pushing max out of update servers...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I'm giving up. I'm just too tired. There's always another day.

I am ready to do the same... Dinner needs to get cookin in this household!! I trust that apple and my iPad will respond favorably later after this final attempt!

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only will mine not restore, but now I cannot do app updates. Says the app (update) is not compatible with this iPad.

Not sure what to do now. Apps I've bought, i.e. Pages, won't open, says a new update is available, update to new IOS and try again. Ugh!!!!!!!

tarekad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated to ios5, where is the imessage??
For those getting error after extracting, keep retrying, it'll work eventually. It worked with after 7 times.

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't access this forum on my iPad now. Have tried for 4 hours to download but keep getting error message. Does anyone know how to disable security software. I've got AVG on my Sony vaio laptop.

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I'm on attempt probably number 13 and still nothing. When I first started the process it d/l'd the new software, so now when it tries it go straight to extracting. Is there a way to delete the software it d/l'd and start fresh?

msecchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. Exactly same message after extracting i get unable to restore. And now get same error with apps as unrecognised. Would like to delete d/d update and yry again but not sure where to look fot it in itunes

KelF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't access this forum on my iPad now. Have tried for 4 hours to download but keep getting error message. Does anyone know how to disable security software. I've got AVG on my Sony vaio laptop.
I have AVG on my Sony Vaio desktop and it didn't effect it. From start to finish, the ios 5 took me 4 hours! I updated to iTunes 10.5 yesterday to save time and it re-downloaded it again today! After the 1st restore I got an error message, so I tried again and after 3 more grueling hours it finished. But I have to say, there were many times when I thought nothing was happening and was tempted to hit the stop button. Luckily, I didn't and waited the process out and it paid off. All I can say is I'm glad we dont have to rely on iTunes anymore for updates. Good riddance!

xvalx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine come up with could not restore apps the new features worked but my apps didn't I turned my iPad off then back on n iPad was workin woohoo tryin to do my iPod now

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Justic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too got the same problem error my backup also got same problem happen to the ios 5

Most reactions