What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And So the iCloud Era Begins with iTunes 10.3

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iTunes_10_3_in_the_Cloud.JPG

Yesterday Apple announced its revolutionary iCloud service at its WWDC keynote, and today sees the start of the iCloud era, with the release this morning of iTunes 10.3., which is rolling out worldwide right now. MacRumors reports that iTunes 10.3 introduces the iTunes in the Cloud beta, and that a subsequent iTunes update, 10.5, which is due in later in the year, will have full support for iCloud and iOS 5.

As announced by Apple yesterday and predicted by Apple pundits for months, iCloud is a set of cloud services designed to work seamlessly with apps on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC, automatically and wirelessly storing your content in iCloud and automatically and wirelessly pushing it to all your devices. When anything changes on one of your devices, all of your devices are wirelessly updated almost instantly.

“Today it is a real hassle and very frustrating to keep all your information and content up-to-date across all your devices,†said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “iCloud keeps your important information and content up to date across all your devices. All of this happens automatically and wirelessly, and because it’s integrated into our apps you don’t even need to think about it—it all just works.â€

After downloading iTunes 10.3 today, you’ll find that any music that you buy in iTunes will appear automatically on all your devices, and you’ll also be able to try out several iCloud features right now as part of iTunes in the Cloud beta, including Automatic Downloads and Download Previous Purchases. Automatic Downloads enables you to purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices, and Download Previous Purchases enables you to download past iTunes purchases whenever and wherever you want via the new “Purchased†option in the App Store.

iTunes 10.3 also adds Books to the iTunes store, which, once purchased, can be automatically downloaded to iBooks on your iOS devices.

Source: iTunes 10.3 Now Available for Download - Mac Rumors, Apple

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought it was just US and Canada today? Was I wrong?

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Ovsov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I still want to use some of the iOS 5 features, can i opt out of icloud?? Please respond ASAP

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ovsov said:
If I still want to use some of the iOS 5 features, can i opt out of icloud?? Please respond ASAP

No one has to use the iCloud, but it's free and would not stop you using iOS 5, they will work in perfect harmony.

The Archangel

Ovsov

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So can I still use message and reminders and such without having to sign up for icloud?

gillian

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yesterday Apple announced its revolutionary iCloud service at its WWDC keynote, and today sees the start of the iCloud era, with the release this morning of iTunes 10.3., which is rolling out worldwide right now. MacRumors reports that iTunes 10.3 introduces the iTunes in the Cloud beta, and that a subsequent iTunes update, 10.5, which is due in later in the year, will have full support for iCloud and iOS 5.

As announced by Apple yesterday and predicted by Apple pundits for months, iCloud is a set of cloud services designed to work seamlessly with apps on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC, automatically and wirelessly storing your content in iCloud and automatically and wirelessly pushing it to all your devices. When anything changes on one of your devices, all of your devices are wirelessly updated almost instantly.

After downloading iTunes 10.3 today, you’ll find that any music that you buy in iTunes will appear automatically on all your devices, and you’ll also be able to try out several iCloud features right now as part of iTunes in the Cloud beta, including Automatic Downloads and Download Previous Purchases. Automatic Downloads enables you to purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices, and Download Previous Purchases enables you to download past iTunes purchases whenever and wherever you want via the new “Purchased†option in the App Store.

iTunes 10.3 also adds Books to the iTunes store, which, once purchased, can be automatically downloaded to iBooks on your iOS devices.​

If I still want to use some of the iOS 5 features, can i opt out of icloud?​

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update- yes, I have the update and live in UK

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in France and have iTunes 10.2.2 with a US account . I can see the new purchased button but when I go to see if there is the new version , it says I have the latest .
How and can I get the new iTunes ?

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OOOps , found it by clicking on purchased , downloading it now:eek:

dlaroche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beware of gifts from Apple... Also, there are many other great services out there such as Google and Drp Box. They provide the same cloud experience and have some great apps for the iPad.

Most reactions