What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 Finally Ready for Release

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
apple-logo.jpg

MacRumors reports today on a story on Chronic Wire that says that iOS 5.1 has finally passed Apple’s quality assurance testing standards, and can now be released publicly. According to Chronic Wire, iOS 5.1 is now at gold master stage, with 9B176 said to be the final build, and the one that will be released to the public. It is thought that the QA phase occurred over the past three weeks, with both Apple and its carrier partners working to pinpoint and iron out any possible bugs in the software prior to releasing it to the public. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also reporting on the story, 9to5 Mac says that it has been hearing “whispers†about expanded Siri integration, including more devices, and maybe even the Apple TV Remote app. They say that we may learn more about this tomorrow during the iPad launch, especially if Siri is going to be integrated into the new iPad. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Testing on iOS 5.1 Golden Master Reportedly Complete Ahead of iPad 3 Launch - Mac Rumors[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Report: iOS 5.1 Gold Master has passed QA, includes new features | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence[/FONT]

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Sod all and if they release it as a ip3 launch feature jailbreaking will be nigh impossible

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse me but please refrain from ingesting large amounts of Valium before posting. If English is not your first language than I truly apologize but this is more than I expected when it comes to a language barrier. Icafe has foreign speaking sections for a more enjoyable experience in an icommunity. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Excuse me but please refrain from ingesting large amounts of Valium before posting. If English is not your first language than I truly apologize but this is more than I expected when it comes to a language barrier. Icafe has foreign speaking sections for a more enjoyable experience in an icommunity. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Maybe it is that droid device to blame. Quite possible actually. Get an iPhone and accept my apology if this is the case.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

M8, I've been posting on this board since the ipad 1 was first released. Look at my many, many posts on this forum. For you to insinuate that I am some how stupid or cannot type is 1) offensive and 2) quite daft of you.

In case you're wondering, sod all is a british/uk term. There is nothing idiotic or fragmented about what I wrote. Perhaps you should study up before you go spouting like that, aye?

Cheers,

FreeBird

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. You've taken a pop at each other. Now shake hands and let's move on. The next post needs to be on topic.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question but will the ipad 3 come with IOS 5.1 allready installed

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tazz3 said:
Sorry for the newbie question but will the ipad 3 come with IOS 5.1 allready installed

Nobody really knows but it's been said. It's a waiting game now.

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, just shortly after I jailbroke my iPad2 finally with 5.01, now they come up with a 5.1 iOS Version. I just hope that the new Jailbreaks won't make us wait so long than they have before.

Most reactions

Latest posts