What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5, excited?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes it will be a free update.

There's no hard release date yet.

-t

RossMc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the iCloud service for Documents so that it syncs between Pages on the mac and on iOS as I usually do my assignments between both all the time.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to iOS 5 in both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, only thing I'd love bit will never get is flash. I've never once missed flash on my iPhone but after owning an iPad for only one week I think it is really lacking flash, come on apple what the problem with flash on iPad? (apart from possible loss of app store sales!!)

You are off topic whining about flash. It is a subject that is beat to death here and Apple will never get it.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/though...EA-AFF&tduid=a2422f7b978eb8dd482dab12662b9e3b

Please stay on topic.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer to buy the pig, not the oink.

I will wait until I see what it brings to my iPad. Perhaps nothing of note or perhaps what it offers I already have because I jailbreak. Speaking of Jailbreaking, I'll wait until it arrives, untethered.

The upgrade is available in beta but who knows what will finally roll out.

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer to buy the pig, not the oink.

I fully agree!

Currently the only Apple products I own are my new iPad 2 and the Apple TV I bought to watch stuff from my iPad on my HDTV.

My 'phone is a Nokia N8 (not a better 'phone anywhere!) and my desktops, laptop, and netbook are all Windows.

However, if iOS 5 along with iCloud, can truly handle true syncing, especially of calendars/agendars and contacts, something that a combination of Win/Nokia/Google/iPad does poorly, I'll be dumping (with regret) my Nokia N8 for an iPhone 5, and my Windows computers, all but one, and my laptop and my netbook, for Apple computers.

I am sick to death of the hassles of synchronisation of Win/Nokia/Google/Apple that I'll be going purely Apple *IF* iOS 5, iCloud, and Lion live up to their promise of flawless syncing via iCloud of iPhone, iPad, and Apple computers.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
I am sick to death of the hassles of synchronisation of Win/Nokia/Google/Apple that I'll be going purely Apple *IF* iOS 5, iCloud, and Lion live up to their promise of flawless syncing via iCloud of iPhone, iPad, and Apple computers.

Hmmmm...I had flawless syncing of all of those elements on all of my Apple computers and iOS devices via MobileMe long before iOS 3. Just sayin'.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Hmmmm...I had flawless syncing of all of those elements on all of my Apple computers and iOS devices via MobileMe long before iOS 3. Just sayin'.

Me too......

The Archangel

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:

When I purchased my iPad at the local Apple store I was told that MobileMe was not accepting new customers and that I'd have to wait 'till iCloud became available.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
When I purchased my iPad at the local Apple store I was told that MobileMe was not accepting new customers and that I'd have to wait 'till iCloud became available.

AFAIK MobileMe is still available but now it's free. It will shut down 30 June 2012. Everyone will have the opportunity to shift their MobileMe accounts to iCloud prior to that. I'd probably just wait for iCloud to go live at this point.

EDIT: Sorry, the Apple store employee was right...MobileMe isn't accepting any more signups. I guess my point still stands, there's no "wait and see if it works"; syncing of everything works w/MobileMe so there's no reason to believe that wouldn't work with iCloud.

For MobileMe subscribers, here's Apple's FAQ about the transition to iCloud:

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/transition.html

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

iPaReviews

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When will it come out I want a specific date cause I know it is 'this fall!' :)

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When is this fall? Is that amercan terms for autumn ?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When is this Autumn you speak of? In Scotland we go from July to Winter.... ;)

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Best of luck with that. ;) Sometime in September or October (some have it pinned to October 7th) is the best guess.

We could start a pool I suppose. :)

Good idea. I'm guessing late October or early November - in time to generate more Christmas sales and to compete with Amazon's offering.

Most reactions

Latest posts