What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 Download

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can this be option-updated like the beta 1 if you don't have dev udid>?

Yes you can i just do it in one of my Ipad 3G, and work like a charm

by the way i discover a new thing’s in this beta 2 is we can have 20 app’s in one folder , yet this version look like more stable than the beta 1

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.39.12.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.39.12.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.36.18.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.36.18.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.42.39.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-30 at PM 09.42.39.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 208

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can this be option-updated like the beta 1 if you don't have dev udid>?

Hi !

Im not sure, have not heard anyone optionupgrade with Beta 2 yet, but i hardly think that It would be any difference between the Betas.

You'll be stuck in restore mode if your serial number is not registered for the programme.

You are wrong at all …. i did it last week-end for an iPad and for my iPhone 3G

you do exactly the same as update :

Mac user: Option + update and at the end when you got the message error, and your iPad is in restore mode you use the magic tool you can get here

Window user: Shift + update (same as Mac user) and the magic tool is Here

and Voilaaaa

Hope that help

PS: this is valid for downgrade to all firmware you want include 3.1

Last edited:

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where did you download the Beta 2 if you wern't a Dev?
I read people did this, but I can't find it on the interwebz. XD

Edit: Never mind, found one. XD

Last edited:

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I tried repeatedly to get 4.2 on my iPad and got an unknown error every time...after unfreezing the thing because I tried restore the first time.

Best I could do was revert to 3.2.2 and pray that 4.2 will work for me when it is finally released.

No idea why I couldn't option-upgrade.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I tried repeatedly to get 4.2 on my iPad and got an unknown error every time...after unfreezing the thing because I tried restore the first time.

Best I could do was revert to 3.2.2 and pray that 4.2 will work for me when it is finally released.

No idea why I couldn't option-upgrade.

Hi George let me try to help you … do exactly like i say please and let see if that work OK

first restart you computer and ipad ( i don’t know if you are in Mac or PC)

when both are restart.

plug your iPad in your computer

1) press shift (PC) or option (mac)

2) maintain the key pressed and them press update in itunes you will see a window open and them localize your firmware 4.2 and let iTunes do the job for you , normally that should work fine … if not find RecBoot 1.0.2 in Google download the one you need (PC or MAC) and when your iPad show the itunes symbol and the error message start redBoot exit and enjoy your device in 4.2 beta 2

PS: this tool also work for downgrade

I hope that help and work for you

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still say be aware that this is beta guys we seem to be getting nothing but problems and issues from many trying to upgrade whom have no idea what is happening. 4.2 is not complete many features are not implemented most apps need to be upgraded to support apples multiple tasking so just wait until final release. If you choose to do your own thing that's your choice if it fails don't complain.

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi George let me try to help you … do exactly like i say please and let see if that work OK

first restart you computer and ipad ( i don’t know if you are in Mac or PC)

when both are restart.

plug your iPad in your computer

1) press shift (PC) or option (mac)

2) maintain the key pressed and them press update in itunes you will see a window open and them localize your firmware 4.2 and let iTunes do the job for you , normally that should work fine … if not find RecBoot 1.0.2 in Google download the one you need (PC or MAC) and when your iPad show the itunes symbol and the error message start redBoot exit and enjoy your device in 4.2 beta 2

PS: this tool also work for downgrade

I hope that help and work for you

Well. I'll be darned. It worked. I have no idea why it worked, but it did.

The only thing different between this morning's attempt and yesterday's several attempts was the cold boot of both the PC and the iPad.

Thanks very much for your persistence and patience. :)

If you choose to do your own thing that's your choice if it fails don't complain.
Now, you know perfectly well that you are wasting your breath! :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you mind posting what site?
I don't think you'll be seeing it... at least not on the open part of the forum. The only "legal" way to get it is to have your UDID registered as a developer. If someone wants to PM you, I suppose that would be OK.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah ok, i didnt know if asking for the name of the site was going to make the moderators mad. I ended up finding a way to get it and now my ipad is running ios 4.2 beta :) i love multi-tasking.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not the

165.jpg

but I would still like to see people stay out of trouble!​

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We rather have the down load link provided in private not in any open forum mainly because of the large numbers of users whom donot understand it is beta software. Best way is PM a user whom is a developer or some one that may know. This avoids confusion with new users and avoids trouble

Most reactions

Latest posts