What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 Download

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beta 2 Is now out for the DEV's and for the ones that know a DEV to add their UDID.

Last edited by a moderator:

djricekcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can this be option-updated like the beta 1 if you don't have dev udid>?

OP
iPad-Sweden

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can this be option-updated like the beta 1 if you don't have dev udid>?

Hi !

Im not sure, have not heard anyone optionupgrade with Beta 2 yet, but i hardly think that It would be any difference between the Betas.

young blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@iPad-Sweden

I signed up for a dev acount at aple.. is that simply enough?? or are there other steps to be taken??

Last edited:

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by signing as a dev you have to shell out a couple of bucks.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to pay , i just cant remember how much. i remember asking mikestoolz but it went off my mind. hahaha as im not interested to pay.

OP
iPad-Sweden

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
99usd, and then u are able to add UDIDs on your own.

U find the Dev site here and u can register your account, but have to pay 99usd/year for the beta acess.
Registration is free.

Apple Developer

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any known bugs or operability issues severe enough to cause a regular, everyday user not to want to put Beta 2 of iOS 4.2 on his iPad?

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any known bugs or operability issues severe enough to cause a regular, everyday user not to want to put Beta 2 of iOS 4.2 on his iPad?

I've tried both betas, and beta 2 is definitely more stable and bug-free. Not having any noticeable issues so far.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just came out. Give it time. I know that Beta 1 caused me severe sadness! I could not access the internet outside my home.:( for two days.

And I really needed my iPad out in the field. So ~ I had to downgrade back. I will just wait until Nov.

There are some that have no problems whatsoever!

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beta 2 has much better wifi connection and stability. Also, this won't matter to most people, but beta 2 finally adds the full range of language support for the keyboard.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a reason why Apple gives access to the beta-versions only to developers.
An ordinary, everyday user should never use beta-versions on his system if he doesn't want to jeopardize the usability of this system.
As for V4.2 Beta 1, this was still veeery unstable:
- Mail crashes regularly
- WiFi ceases working a dozen times per day, forcing you to reboot the iPad
- Quite a few Apps stopped working and just crash
- Landscape/Portrait-mode doesn't always work properly
- Deleting a video sometimes makes the video-app crash and it will only work again after a resync with iTunes.
- Backups made with iTunes won't restore to the iPad (learned that the hard way)

These are the effects 4.2 Beta 1 has on my iPad.
I'm sure others have different issues.

Tonight, I'll install 4.2 Beta 2. I hope that will be more stable.

Any ordinary user should definetly wait until the official version comes out.

Most reactions

Latest posts