What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2.1 Available Now - Yes, Really

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, you are SO brilliant (can you note the sarcasm...I already know how to do that). Now let me know how you do that to the hidden AppData folder and you will be my hero.

No need to get snippy. You originally asked how to move the documents folder and I provided a link. The folks at Sevenforums dot com I'm sure can help with the AppData problem, provided you ask gently.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Windows 7 user here updated with no issues. For the side conversation going on, I'm pretty sure iTunes saves to My Music, not /AppData.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine finally updated as well. Hard to believe backing up my whopping 3.5 gigs of data took half an hour .. lol. If people are curious, I was able to update my jailbroken 3.2.2 Ipad without doing any type of restore first.

Oscar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok what am I doing wrong I want to delete a video but when I open the video app and try and hold it so the x appears it never does what am I doing wrong

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in heaven!!

I have no idea of all of the changes; however the most important change is that the Wifi is working in my currently location (hotel in Thailand).

Up to now the WiFi has been hit or miss. I have been places where others have been able to go online with their iPads and I sat there like a dummy. Hopefully, all solved!!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is getting quite frusterating. I cannot update either my iPhone OR my iPad because it keeps saying that it cannot reach the server to verify it. Yet I have access to the net.

And the real kicker? Now my iPad is stuck in Restore mode and not even Umbrella can see it to kick it out.

Dammit Apple!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is getting quite frusterating. I cannot update either my iPhone OR my iPad because it keeps saying that it cannot reach the server to verify it. Yet I have access to the net.

And the real kicker? Now my iPad is stuck in Restore mode and not even Umbrella can see it to kick it out.

Dammit Apple!!!!!!!!

O Man. B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Did I spell that right? LOL! I know I would be hella pissed ~ it will work out!

Last edited:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before i do any updating i will write down the paid apps i have...lol i have so many ill forget to redownload. Fun reading this thread. Makes me wanna update now but im too tired to mess wit all dat now. This computer here is a dinosaur and takes just asmlong as itunes updating, to boot up. Nice surprise seeing the new os is ready. No hurry for me. I know the servers are congested as a mofo right about now.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dammit Apple!!!!!!!!

O Man. B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Did I spell that right? LOL! I know I would be hell pissed ~ it will work out!

*inhales....exhales.....farts* Was that supposed to happen? :D

Thanks to this youtube vid: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB8Z0Y9_URs[/ame]

I am now out of recovery mode.....however I STILL cannot get it to update any of my iDevices since I still am getting the error that it cannot verify.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you all get past the 48+ hour backup? I cancel backup and the Update stops too. Argh, Apple really needs to fix the fubar backup they have.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you all get past the 48+ hour backup? I cancel backup and the Update stops too. Argh, Apple really needs to fix the fubar backup they have.

I use to have 8 hour back ups. I have learned that the more often I back up the less it takes. I got it down to 30 min back ups. I also had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and delete and reinstall all my apps.

NOW, iTunes plays nice. I was about to take my ball and bat and go home.:mad:

Then I backed up a lot the last two weeks so when this day came it was quick.

Most reactions

Latest posts