What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 10 on a mini2

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had iOS 10 on my iPad mini2 since the day it was released. If I could do it over again, I'd go back to 9.3.5.

While iOS 10 runs on my mini2, it is noticeably slower with lag and skipping. And yes, I've done a couple of hard resets too.

I have a 32Gb wifi mini2 with about 9 GB storage remaining. I clear all apps, do a hard reset, and I still see lag and skipping when I play a game like CSR2. It is noticeably slower than when on 9.3.5.

Anyone else notice a change in response after the update to iOS 10?

Last edited:

Anotheroldgit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, mine is a iPad Air and it takes an age to boot up, if I try to open any app too soon, it freezes and needs to be closed and re opened.

Safari loses its history even though it retains the last page opened. This is a pain in the backside as I often need to re-visit the last 2 or 3 pages when I start a new day. I now have to start from scratch as I cannot go back.

Mail won't refresh unless I close the app and re-open.

Some apps open and then close themselves.

As I reported in a previous post, the up/down arrows in mail are missing, so you have to go back to the menu on the left to open the next or previous mail

Apple have messed up and left a load of bugs in this release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to have read his thread. I've got an iPad mini2 I'm considering updating to 10. I think I'll wait.

Did either of you update through iTunes or OTA? If I ever do update I think I'll go with iTunes. I think I'm over the OTA updates.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did an OTA update. I don't use iTunes for anything if I can help it.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about above problems. I have and iPad Air 2 with 128Gb, downloaded IOS10 OTA, it took about 25 minutes, and I have absolutely no problems at all - thank goodness. Testing speed of operation in various areas with Geekbench reveals almost exactly the same results as IOS9, with a multicore score of 4585, and boot up is just as quick. Sorry, one app didn't work, but a quick delete and re-install cured the problem. Many of my apps have been updated automatically and all work OK, no crashes or hangs at all. Suggest members check all settings, as I have found that several have been changed by IOS10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I delete and reinstall, I wonder if I will lose my game progress? How can I know?

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless you're restoring from a backup you will lose your game progress if you delete and re-install.

Yeah, I figured as much. Guess I'll live with the stutter then and hope the developer makes some changes that will help the issue.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured as much. Guess I'll live with the stutter then and hope the developer makes some changes that will help the issue.
You can check out the game in the App Store to see when it was last updated. If its been quite a while, the developer may have abandoned his app.
You can also use the link in the listing to contact the developer to let him know about the problem and ask if any update is planned to address the issue.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for that info!

The game is CSR2. I'll check it out for the latest updates. I hope it's that simple and is really not a by-product of the update to iOS 10.0.1.

Most reactions

Latest posts